] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 5:40pm  Quote

Yes at this point I'm hoping someone is sitting on an old Mark Frankel kit. If anyone sees one around, I'd love to purchase it and make it worth someones time :)

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 6:36pm  Quote

Quote: Sabre
Hi Ed,
Are you sure that Ziroli is selling the T-34 canopies? I did make a search but nothing resulted. I did make my own canopy mold but as yet I have not extracted any yet. Reuben

Rueben,

This morning I called LeAnn and asked if it was in her inventory. She called me back in an hour saying "yes" and its $30 to $40 USD due to the thicker PETG required for the length & height. If that's so they are cheaper than expected. Jr. pulls his own canopies so they are done inhouse. Nick Jr. does not do glass lay-up. Glass parts are done by Steve Weber in Canada. I asked if she found the corrugated sheets...she did not look for those, But is probably there...I can't imagine the sheets not being done inhouse.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 6:38pm  Quote

Hi Cody, My name is Bob, I was a friend of Mark's for at least 30 years.  I am responding to your interest in a T-34.  At this time the family has the molds and I believe

is willing to sell them if someone is interested. Another option is Mark had completed an airframe to about 85% with a Gt80, and that airframe is now in Kerry Sterner's

possession and he would like to sell it as he has one already complete.  I am also pretty sure Nick Ziroli has the tooling for the canopy  and flight surface corrugated panels.  I do

not know if he is producing them for sale.   Kerry can be reached at 610-533-3290. Hope this helps, feel free to contact me for any info about the molds or airframe. Bob

under construction:

Frankel Lear 35 x2
Sterner Facet 2300
Bates Guardian

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 7:26pm  Quote

Hi Bob,

Wow ... nice to meet you! Very nice of you to offer, and that would be quite the cool thing to be able to purchase the molds. I wonder how much they are looking to sell the molds for?

Ironically, I JUST as of 30 minutes ago found a Mark Frankel 1/4 kit a gentleman has been sitting on for a long time, complete with Robart retracts I have transferred money for. So I have found what I was looking for now ironically. Assuming I've not been scammed off RC Groups (ha ha), I'm very much looking forward to putting this kit together.

I think it would be great in general to get this plane out there again!

The site really is an awesome resource, thanks Bob and everyone else who chimed in as well as the welcome :)

Cheers,
Cody

Also got a bit more done on the Stearman ... very close now! :)

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 7:31pm  Quote

Bob,

What do you think the family wants for fixtures and molds? Is there another canopy plug?

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 7:53pm  Quote

Ed, I did a lot of Marks glass work, I don't  know what the asking price is, I do know the molds produced a number of kits and produce usable parts.

I know Mark had the original tooling, but I only am sure of the existence of all of the molds to produce the kits, fuse and cowl mold, canopy frame mold, gear door molds

tail cone mold, wing tip molds.  The canopy  tooling as  may be at Ziroli's.  If you are seriously interested, I will reach out to Marks son and put you in contact with him. Bob

Cody if you acquire the kit feel free to contact me regarding any questions you may have, if I can help in any way it will be my pleasure. Bob

under construction:

Frankel Lear 35 x2
Sterner Facet 2300
Bates Guardian

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 8:39pm  Quote

Quote: woodlandbob

Ed, I did a lot of Marks glass work, I don't  know what the asking price is, I do know the molds produced a number of kits and produce usable parts. I know Mark had the original tooling, but I only am sure of the existence of all of the molds to produce the kits, fuse and cowl mold, canopy frame mold, gear door molds, tail cone mold, wing tip molds.  The canopy tooling as may be at Ziroli's.  If you are seriously interested, I will reach out to Marks son and put you in contact with him. Bob

Bob,

As I remember it, you built the prototype. We are still adding quality 95"~120" w/s to our offering. We would like to discuss this with the family.

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: May/26/2021 at 8:59pm  Quote

Quote: woodlandbob

Ed, I did a lot of Marks glass work, I don't  know what the asking price is, I do know the molds produced a number of kits and produce usable parts.

I know Mark had the original tooling, but I only am sure of the existence of all of the molds to produce the kits, fuse and cowl mold, canopy frame mold, gear door molds

tail cone mold, wing tip molds.  The canopy  tooling as  may be at Ziroli's.  If you are seriously interested, I will reach out to Marks son and put you in contact with him. Bob

Cody if you acquire the kit feel free to contact me regarding any questions you may have, if I can help in any way it will be my pleasure. Bob

<br>

Thank you Bob, very much appreciated! The kit should be on its way to me shortly, and will probably start building come Sept. / October. Seems to be a few decent 4 stroke engine options, if a GT80 will fit the cowl. Looking forward to this one

Ed, are you thinking of putting this kit back into production potentially? That would be very cool.

]
] ]