Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>New from CA and Seeking Suggestions Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 4 Pages 1 2 3 4
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: March/22/2021 at 9:55am  Quote

Or you could be like me and skip the trainer all together.  I had an older friend build me a Sig Kougar Mark II when I was about 20yo.  He took it off and trimmed and asked if I wanted to try it.  Not a minute of flight time under my belt I was making laps got comfortable with it and landed it the first flight.  He always said if he didn't see it with his own eyes he would have never believed it lol.  It got me hooked from that point on and flew the kougar for several years until a battery issue crashed it.  Then about 8years ago I got a buddy into planes as he was always rc cars.  He got a 40 size trainer that I took up first to trim and it scared the crap out of me.  It was SOOO sloppy on controls it had me nervous flying it.  I was so used to the point and go of the kougar you really have to be on your toes and ahead of the game as a trainer doesn't respond to controls as well and will also get blown around in turbulence more.

On a key note I was a video gamer so I had the thumbs for controls already you can say.  That pacer should put you on the right track being a top wing to start off with.  Being electric ALWAYS keep a mindset that the prop can always turn on when plugging the battery in.....so keep your fingers clear.  Happy and safe flying.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]