Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Hello from Aruba, and a quick question Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Aruba Aruba
IP Logged
Posted: August/21/2020 at 5:29pm  Quote

Hi all,

I have been sitting on a set of Ziroli plans for the C-47/DC-3 for many years now.
Between having kids, getting divorced, remarried etc. just haven’t gotten to it.
Now I’m ready to get started.
Since I live on a Caribbean island, everything has to be imported, so I have to plan my parts list carefully.
Can anyone tell me where I can get a list of all the items I will need, AND if possible, an estimate of the total cost of them (in the States)?
Thanks

Pete

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: August/21/2020 at 5:56pm  Quote

Arubaflyer:

I would think you can find all you need, and prices on the internet unless you do not have that. It is made just for you guy's in your position.

Dan

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: August/21/2020 at 6:03pm  Quote

Hi Pete,

Welcome to RCSB! While it may be inconvenient to model there in Aruba i bet bet the sunsets make it all worth it! 

Unfortunately, there is no "list" of all the parts and components you will need. You have to go over the plans and work out what sheeting, sticks, radio components, wheels, retracts, and other times you will need, yourself. Then once you have made your list go out on the web and look for them to get an idea of the prices as destrat said. Maybe one of teh guys from the site who has built one can help you out? Check the threads in the Ziroli forum.

Good luck!
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Taiwan Taiwan
IP Logged
Posted: August/21/2020 at 7:28pm  Quote

Here is where build threads on RCSB come in handy.  I would go through any of the builds for your plan and note what others have used/done.  It may take a while but it gives you the opportunity to make mental notes of what you will need and/or should plan for, what you can get or not get and what you may need to use as a substitute.  And, seeing what someone else has done can spur a different idea that works for you.

Welcome to RCSB!

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: August/21/2020 at 7:37pm  Quote

Quote: Arubaflyer
Hi all,

I have been sitting on a set of Ziroli plans for the C-47/DC-3 for many years now.
Between having kids, getting divorced, remarried etc. just haven’t gotten to it.
Now I’m ready to get started.
Since I live on a Caribbean island, everything has to be imported, so I have to plan my parts list carefully.
Can anyone tell me where I can get a list of all the items I will need, AND if possible, an estimate of the total cost of them (in the States)?
Thanks

Pete

Pete I know is not easy getting everything in Aruba, I love your country and the beaches, had no idea you guys had a flying field to accommodate a Ziroli DC3, in any case having built 2 over the years PM me and Ill help you with the list of stuff you need, and welcome to RCSB.

Hangar:
1/4 Piper Navy Replica Piper J3, Travel Air D4D, NA50
On the bench. 1/3 L4 Piper
Waiting 1/3 Cessna OA2, 1/3 Bucker Jungmann 1/3 Spacewalker

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: August/21/2020 at 8:00pm  Quote

Onya Roger!  

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Aruba Aruba
IP Logged
Posted: August/22/2020 at 10:05pm  Quote

Thanks for your input, I really didn’t expect that many replies.
So I guess there is no “parts list” specifically, which means I’ll just have to do my research and homework ??
It probably will take a (long) while, but I will post pictures when she’s done.
Saludos from sunny Aruba

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: August/23/2020 at 3:27am  Quote

That’s right. You’ll have to do your own research. It’s not because we don’t want to help you. We really do,

It’s because there are just too many variables for us to provide you with a specific parts/accessories/avionics list that is tailored just for you....   There is no list out there that has “One Size Fits All.” Each model is unique & special. It also reflects the builder’s work. It’s like a fingerprint. Or a signature of his work.

For example: we do not know your true building experience. We do not know if you want true scale retracts like the double struts of the real DC-3/C-47 or you wish to economize & go with single struts. We do not know if you wish to make your own landing gears or buy them already made. We do not know if you’re going to super-detail your model right down to the interior & Scale rivets. There are about a dozen different servos to do the same job.   We CAN offer suggestions as to which servos will work best for a specific function; but it’s up to you to say to yourself: “I’ve got a DC-3/C-47. I know I want retracts, working ailerons, rudder, elevators & throttle control.

We don’t know if you also want: landing lights, position lights, synchronizers for your engines, full digital programming avionics, or any other number of equipment. That can add onto your list.

We do not know your budget! That’s your personal information only you can decide as to how far to go or how much to spend.

Hope this helps.

]
] ]