Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Flying French Canuck from Montreal Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: January/17/2016 at 11:33am  Quote

Hello All !

Welcome to Martin's Aircraft Factory....my personal Experimental and R/C Model Aircraft shop !

I have been visiting daily RC Scale Builder Website for almost 2 years now.... I felt it was time to introduce myself to you all ! New year 2016 resolution was to become a site supporter and start contributing to this great forum, where I have learnt a lot since I started looking.

Over a few short post, I will introduce myself, what I do, what are my interest in scale modeling, what are my projects, ect...

First, I little bit about me...

I am mid forties, aerospace engineer and commercial licence pilot. I have been working in aerospace industry for almost 20 years, first on the technical side, but now more on the commercial aspect of the business. I am a French Canadian residing the in suburbs of Montreal, Québec, Canada. I am an active member of Club Mars R/C flying field (http://www.clubmars.org/)

I started R/C modeling aircraft in the '80s when I was 12 years old. First started in modelling with a Goldberg Eagle 2 trainer, then moved on to Top Flite Contender, a Goldberg Skylark 56 and a Joe Bridi' Vagabond 56....Then around age 16, girls and the desire to fly real airplanes made me put my R/C models in storage for 25 years....The young teenage boy dream and desire to own a large scale P-51 Mustang never vanished though, and in the early 2000, I came back to the hobby. First order of the day was to refresh the trainers kept in storage for a much too long time prior to building that scale dream....But then life got in the way with a work assignment in Europe that lasted 5 years, and the Mustang only started to become a reality in 2012...

Me and my Top Flite Contender at Club Mars, around 1984....

Me with the same restored Top Flite Contender at Club Mars in 2014....Some things never change, others get better with age....

Reunited with my 1980's Sport Trainers, On the left, the Contender, on the right, my Joe Bridi Vagabond 56. Both were birthday gifts when I was 13 and 14 years old....

On the next post, I will talk about my current scale projects....Got to go to the Factory now !

Thanks for watching

Martin

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]