] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: February/19/2013 at 2:47pm  Quote

Hello every one, For starters this form is fantastic! The information is great. I have been looking around for a few months, watching builds, and picking alot of cool ideas to put into my own planes.

I am currently an airline pilot flying for a north quebec company. I am currently flying Dash 8-100/300 series and a company check pilot on the Twin Otter, although I spend most of my time on the Dash now, my PPC on the Twin will expire this summer : (

I have been in RC for many years, starting off on the ground racing, then quickly moved to the air and have been flying on and off for the last 20 years. Recently (the last 6 years) I have gotten back into flying full speed, and started getting into warbirds over the last 3 years. So far I have Top Flite Giant Scale P-47 ARF (which is undergoing a make over this winter, I will post some pictures of the make over soon). I also have the TF 60 size Corsair (still in the box, next up on the bench), and recently bought a beautiful Ziroli B25 from a member on this forum.

So I hope meet some of you from Montreal over the next summer, having fun building, but I really can't wait for summer to fly again.

Louis

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: February/19/2013 at 3:49pm  Quote

Welcome aboard to RCSB Louis, Look forward to seeing your Builds

Rob Miller
Adelaide South Australia

Building:

Basic Member
Basic Member
Passed Away 2014
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: February/19/2013 at 6:56pm  Quote

Hello Louis, We are glad to have you as a member. As Rob said, we look forward to seeing your builds. Thats our forum for information exchange and teaching or learning. Perhaps you could share your P-47 ARF makeover with us.

Again, welcome aboard. We are glad you found us.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: February/19/2013 at 8:52pm  Quote

Hey Louis - belated welcome aboard.  Looking forward to your builds, like to see the bomber too!

Let me know if I can help

Basic Member
Basic Member
Plane and Heli Flyer
IP Logged
Posted: February/20/2013 at 10:38pm  Quote

Quote: DHC6

So I hope meet some of you from Montreal over the next summer, having fun building, but I really can't wait for summer to fly again.

Hi Louis,

Another guy from Montreal here. Slowly getting into scale as my skills progress (currently building a Peter Rake Albatross DII).

We got a group of casual flyers in an ad-hoc club of sort, flying out of local parks on weekend mornings. Your planes are (alas!) a little too large for the available airspace, but feel free to drop me a line if you want to be updated on our sessions. They usually start as soon as the temperature goes north of 0 Celsius...

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Basic Member
Basic Member
Balsa Hacker
IP Logged
Posted: February/20/2013 at 11:52pm  Quote

Welcome to RCSB!! I'm going to stop complaining about our weather, last weekend when I took out the old 109 it was 50F and I wanted it warmer! You guys up north have it rough!
Post some photos of your B-25, it's a beautiful airplane to model,
Larry B

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: February/21/2013 at 8:08pm  Quote

Thank you all for your welcoming comments. I have been taking pictures of my make over of my P47 and will post them soon. I am in the far arctic right now working and out internet access is pretty slow to say the least. So once I get back south I will start a thread in the ARF make over section.

For those that want to see the B-25 here is the build thread to the aircraft.

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6860 &PN=6

Boomslang13 is the one who built her, and I will be her caretaker from now on. Ther isn't much for me to improve on, or to add, but a "scale" plane is never done! LOL. I can post a few pics of it at it's new home as well, but the build thread is very good, and there are some very nice pictures at the end of the thread. This summer once it's ready for flight (it's undergoing a "C" check at the moment), I will take some more pictures of my maided flight with the B25.

V-Man, Where do you guys fly? I do some winter flying (I have an E-Flite Supper cub, and the Hangar 9 Twin Otter, both on skis) at the Pincourt Golfing Range. It's a pretty cool place to fly. I have the little E-flite MiG 15 as well for smaller areas, so I have plane for most condidtions.. LOL.

]
] ]