Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Site Polls>Your favorite part of the hobby Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
] ] ]
]
Poll Question : What do you enjoy most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [ 2.41% ]
224 [ 36.01% ]
40 [ 6.43% ]
343 [ 55.14% ]
You can not vote in this poll
]
] ]
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: October/28/2006 at 5:10am  Quote

Voted all of the above.  But, like it's been said before, it's the people who make the hobby special. 

What can't be beat though, when, after scaling the 3 view, designing the model, building it from raw materials into a finished, functional one off unique scale model, is that feeling of fear, excitement, exhilaration and pride of that first flight. - John.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: October/28/2006 at 7:47am  Quote

Being new at scale R/C it's easy for me to say that I enjoy all aspects of the hobby. But I have to agree, that the people I have met make this hobby so great. I have just started getting out to scale meets and everyone makes you feel welcome. Also, RCSB has become a large part of the enjoyment that I get from this hobby (sometimes too much, I'm going to have to start a build thread just so I can build my first real scale airplane ). I feel that I have made friends from all over the world.

I would like to say a Big Thanks to everyone that has made me feel welcomed to this great hobby.

Bill

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: November/03/2006 at 4:41pm  Quote

I'd agree that the people is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this hobby.  There are very few scale RC modellers up in my neck of the woods unfortunately.  It definitely detracts from the hobby not having other scale builders to BS with.  The guys on this forum are, to some degree, my flying buddies.  I don't jump in and comment often, but I follow many of your builds with great interest.  What's kept me in the hobby though, for all these years, is the building.  I enjoy the challenge of improving on a design to make it more scale, lighter, etc..  I'd probably triple my output if I could just build something according to the plans.  I enjoy flying a plane in a scale manner.  Pattern flying, precision aerobatics, and 3D flying do nothing for me.  (Of course I'm also not capable enough either.)  Seeing a scale plane that I built take-off, fly around at scale speed, and land is all the satisfaction I need from flying.  

in progress:

Sig PT-19 converting to PT-26
scratch built 1/6 I-16 Ishak

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: February/17/2007 at 8:05am  Quote

I like building!  I always state the hobby is divided thusly:  50% building, 30% B.S.ing with other R/Cers and 20% flying!  As I get older the 30% seems to be increasing and the 20% flying portion, decreasing!  I've been flying since 1976, and I've got plenty of stick time, I'm a good flyer, it just doesn't hold the appeal for me it once did.

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: November/07/2007 at 9:14pm  Quote

Going to start building my first scale kit in a month or two... But my favorite part is after the building, which I love as well... ... heading to the field and sitting there on the runway... advancing the throttle to that first lift off!  Can't wait for this to be with my scale ship and not the trainer, then sport planes I have been flying...  

Mike

I was born a pilot, 100 years too late.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Moosehead Drinker, Airplane Tinker
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: November/07/2007 at 10:03pm  Quote

When I was younger all I wanted to do was fly. These days, researching, designing, & building are my favourite things to do. So much so that I need to get out and fly more for two reasons...so that I don't end up being that guy in the club that can build real good, but can't fly, and also for the social aspect as many have mentioned previously. 

"My ex-wifes hate airplanes"
www.tarvinmodelproducts.com

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: November/08/2007 at 12:06am  Quote

not enuff choices there. You gotta add the oohs and the aahs, the bragging,chest thumping, the rebuilding, the finishing, hiding the receipts from the wife, disguising  fly-ins as "vacation retreats".

Z Skyraider
TFGS P47
DO-335
AD Rafaele
will be crashn
Byron P51
TFGS P51B
IMP P47
Macchi

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: November/08/2007 at 3:04am  Quote

As said before, the people I have met here and at the flying field makes this a great pass time. The rush of seeing something that you have worked on for months spent countless dollars on ( as Tony said hiding the receipts from the wife ) take to the air for the first time is what does it for me.

I love the "building" the checking rechecking of pictures and paper work to see that I have it right and if sat next to the real thing it looks like its big brother. Since joining RCSB my build skill and quality has gone through the roof and its due to all the great people here.

GO AIR FORCE

]
] ]