Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Greetings from Costa Rica Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Costa Rica Costa Rica
IP Logged
Posted: April/01/2020 at 2:48pm  Quote

Good day gentlemen and hoping you're safe and "maybe" sound as this hobby borders on "insanity" according to my better half 
I am from Ecuador originally, now in Costa Rica after living en the USA and Honduras.
I have been flying and assembling (arf's don't count as building ) for over 15 years, now I am trying to get into civilian scale models from the golden age.
Regards,
Patrick

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: April/01/2020 at 4:13pm  Quote

Patrick,

Good afternoon & welcome to the RCSB site. Here, you’ll find a great gathering of fellow modelers from all over the world. Each contributing & helping out one another. We’re family-oriented, a great course of reference, ideas, modeling techniques, discounted accessories & kits from member vendors & so much more.

You may inform your better half that our members consists of: professors, doctors, lawyers, engineers with aerospace backgrounds (some are retired & others are still active), military -of all major branches & rankings-, many are also truck drivers, speed boat racers, retired executives & all the way to janitors.

I noticed you haven’t officially joined by contributing to the annual membership fee. Just go to the upper left hand corner of this page under “site supporter” & it’ll answer/help you out. Without officially joining, you won’t be able to take advantage of discounts offered by vendors, you’ll also be limited to just five posts.

Good luck & we also encourage your better half to watch & enjoy. After awhile, you’ll feel like family.

Gary (Skye)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: April/02/2020 at 9:11am  Quote

Hi Patrick!

This is the place to be for building scale, it's a very welcoming and helpful community.  Browse around a bit and check it out, and as Skye says - join the club, it is well worth the membership!

Let me know if I can help

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Costa Rica Costa Rica
IP Logged
Posted: April/02/2020 at 12:09pm  Quote

Good morning.. my capabilities for building are puny compared to some members of the forum.. but is never too late to learn.
I already joined the club
regards
Patrick

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: April/02/2020 at 3:54pm  Quote

Patrick,
There’s never such a model that is considered “puny.” I’m a good example. Right now, I’m on my fourth build of a Guillow’s kit. Yep. That’s the same manufacturer that produces rubber band powered stick-n-tissue models.

Of course I’ll add “some detail” here & there to make them appear more realistic. Still, I’ve been supported by everyone here on this forum, ranging from beginners in R/C to the advanced & all of the professionals that I’ve previously listed in my last post. Yes, I’m also learning from the masters & they very enthusiastic to share.

Remember too, they had to start somewhere.

I’m also into Golden Age as well.

Welcome to the club!

Gary

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: April/02/2020 at 8:08pm  Quote

You will notice Patrick that there are a lot of warbirds here.  But a lot, if not all, techniques will apply to civil aircraft too.  Learn to use the search function (in the community tab) and you can find just about anything.  There are 2 or 3 Cessna Bird Dog builds going now, a couple of Golden Age racers, Cessna 182s, Curtis Robin, Bellancas, etc etc etc

Let me know if I can help

]
] ]