Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>New member for the scale community Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 2 Pages 1 2
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: December/25/2018 at 9:01pm  Quote

Welcome to the site
A Dremel tool is a must have in my opinion
And after building for about six years I bought a band saw that was 34 years ago I still have it and wouldn’t be without it

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: December/25/2018 at 9:09pm  Quote

Thanks Jeff have most of that I own. That's good  I'll post some pictures of progress when I get started.

You need 2 out of 3 to survive.

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: December/25/2018 at 9:10pm  Quote

Thx gary  got several of those  dremel are my friends

You need 2 out of 3 to survive.

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: December/26/2018 at 12:43pm  Quote

Ole Bear:

Welcome to the site.  The Cub and T-28 are good planes to start off on scale.  If you're serious on the super detailing aspects, let us know and many of us will help out.  Some, like myself, will help provide you with detailed photos of the Cub and T-28 (& many others) depending upon the variant.  I've helped out many scale modelers this way.  Others will offer you incredible ideas on "how-to's" of achieving the results using tools, simple household items, and lots of imagination.

Buu,

Hope the Proctor manual comes through.  Mr. Proctor himself is a one-man company and is very helpful and easy to talk with.  The Proctor kits or even the drawings are not for the faint of heart.  If you've got a few models under your belt and have detailed some of them, then perhaps the Albatros will help get you off the ground.  Be prepared for asking lots of questions and always remember, no such thing as stupid or frivolous questions.  

One thing's for sure, documentation and information.  Just pick out the type of Albatros you wish to model.  That special squadron or color scheme of the plane that was flown by a particular pilot and so on.  This will help carry you through some of the more frustrating parts of the build.  We all go through this stage at one time or another.  Start out with obtaining lots of documentation not only for your possible presentation to the judges  (if you're interested in participating in competition) but for yourself and answering any potential questions.  A picture is indeed worth a thousand words.  

There are also many build threads that feature detailing the Albatros on this site and several other modeling sites that will also help you.  It doesn't really matter if those models are large R/C or small stick-n-tissue types.  All  have something to contribute in helping you get some good ideas.

Finally, there are several aftermarket companies that will offer special details such as the Mercedes engine details, exhaust, radiator and more.  I believe you can find several of them right here on this site.

I have some detailed photos of the Albatros DVa of both the exterior and cockpit interiors as well.  All are in black and white though.  This was taken many years ago before digital cameras came into existence, which goes to show how old I (might) am. 

Good luck and good building/flying.

Skye 

]
] ]