Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Introduction: I’m Skyediamonds from Reno Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 3 Pages 1 2 3
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: April/03/2018 at 1:30pm  Quote

Good morning to all members from Reno, Nevada, home of the famous National Championship Reno Air Races.  I've been building models since I was a kid.  Only within the last few years have I "graduated" into building scale models to replicate the full size aircraft.  This includes full cockpit detailing, panels, the works.  The last example was a Guillow's S.E. 5 kit that was extensively detailed.  I'm interested in all types of aircraft from early bipes to modern jets, but lately have been focused on biplanes and classics of the fifties.  

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: April/03/2018 at 8:34pm  Quote

Hi Skye - a clubmate of mine has in-laws in Carson - maybe he flies at your field?  His name is Lane, his RCSB name is N9M

Welcome to RCSB!  Would love to see some pics of your SE5a - I am in awe of you guys that can build that small AND detail them!

Please check out the site supporter program (LINK).  Becoming a site supporter opens up the site a lot more, vendor deals, walkarounds and of course all the great people that inhabit this site!

Let me know if I can help

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: April/03/2018 at 10:11pm  Quote

Jeff, 
Good evening and thank you for your generous greeting.  It's much appreciated.  I'd love to post photos of my S.E.5 build and even the Wright Bros's Flyer.  However, I don't know how.  My side of the laptop doesn't show anything where I can click on "photos or pictures," or even how much to reduce/enlarge or choose files.  I tried adding a photo of my S.E. 5 as my avatar but it doesn't show up.  Does this mean I have to be a site supporter?  If so, I need to be careful as I just got out of the hospital and recovering on a fixed income.  Any suggestions would be most welcomed.  Loved that RCSB name of your friend, N9M.  I used to visit the Carson airfield many times and attended a few club meetings.  Sincerely,  Gary (Skye)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: April/03/2018 at 10:39pm  Quote

Hi Gary - sorry to hear about the hospital stay.

Yes, I am afraid that you need to be a site supporter in order to post pictures - and as a basic member you are limited to 5 posts - so save that last one for something good!

That does not mean you can't view the threads or anything, just can't post more than 5.

20$ annually does not seem like much but I know on a fixed income you have to be careful.  Throw all your change in a jar, soon enough you will have $20 saved up.

When you are a site supporter read the FAQ (another LINK) - about halfway down it talks about picture posting and so on.

Avatars are different, and I forget right now what the limits are - I think it is more x and y factors than size - IIRC, 80K is the limit for avatars although that may have changed since I added mine.

You can always PM with questions too!

Let me know if I can help

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: April/04/2018 at 3:34pm  Quote

Jeff,
Good news: just became a site supporter.  Had no idea as to the fees involved when we initially spoke to each other.  I paid via PayPal.  So, hopefully I'll be able to renew my attempts at using my avatar and being able to post my build thread of my detailed ( but small) Guillow's S.E. 5 and possibly the Wright Bros' Flyer.  So far, I haven't seen any changes to my status in being able to post pictures or having greater access to the site.  Hopefully this is just a waiting period.  Please feel free to let me know if my status is "Site Supporter" and if I need to do anything else.  Now I have something to do while recovering.

Thank you for your response.

Sincerely,

Gary (Skye)

Avatar User Offline Walter_Mitty
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: April/04/2018 at 4:58pm  Quote

Hi Gary ,

Welcome ( From England ) , to the BEST WEBSITE EVER

You show , as a fellow site supporter , so , carry on , Matey !!

Cheers

Phil

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: April/04/2018 at 7:27pm  Quote

Sir Walter:

Thank you very much for your generous welcome.  I must admit that, from my perspective,  this site can be a bit intimidating.  I've seen various other modeling sites, but none approach the precision, accuracy and level of attention to such detail.  One gentleman who is building a Sopwith Pup confided to me that he's also new to this site.  I responded by saying: "Judging from his quality of build and attention to detail of outline and cockpit accessories, I was impressed!"  

I sincerely hope to measure up to some of the builds and certainly benefit from such vast knowledge.  I'm attracted to all types of aircraft from the early biplanes to jets, but lately I've been focused more on biplanes,  Golden Age of Aviation and those that are rare, unusual and unique.

Sincerely,

Gary (Skye)

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: April/04/2018 at 7:59pm  Quote

Gary,
You just build what you enjoy. We'll enjoy watching you.  Don't worry about living up to some standard.
So far as I've been on this web site (years) I haven't discovered a standard. So please just enjoy.

]
] ]