Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: 26/November/2020 at 12:18pm  Quote

Quote: PeterOZ
Hi Cary,
thanks for the reply mate.   
the DB kit would be a tad too big I am thinking.

Any photos of the gun ports for P40 you have done or would you need to do from scratch?

Exhausts would probably be fishtail type but I'm yet to finalise my scheme though leaning towards North Africa RAF or RAAF.

cheers
Peter

Hi Peter, speaking to a fellow modeller who has built a Ziroli P-40, he fitted the DB cockpit and stated it's no more difficult than fitting a cockpit that duly made for that model as the fuselage is only slightly smaller which a bit of trimming will not be noticed!!
Cary

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: 30/November/2020 at 9:45am  Quote

Quote: Cary
Quote: PeterOZ
Hi Cary,
thanks for the reply mate.   
the DB kit would be a tad too big I am thinking.

Any photos of the gun ports for P40 you have done or would you need to do from scratch?

Exhausts would probably be fishtail type but I'm yet to finalise my scheme though leaning towards North Africa RAF or RAAF.

cheers
Peter

Hi Peter, speaking to a fellow modeller who has built a Ziroli P-40, he fitted the DB cockpit and stated it's no more difficult than fitting a cockpit that duly made for that model as the fuselage is only slightly smaller which a bit of trimming will not be noticed!!
Cary

Hi Peter, Brian from DB has finally got back to me to advise his cockpit will fit your fuselage. You can contact him to discuss directly dbalsa1@gmail.com

Kind regards

Cary

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: 22/January/2021 at 12:22pm  Quote

A new update to our fellow scale modellers, have you ever wanted that scale drop down landing light on your P-51? Now you can as we have developed the fully moving Landing Light that you can operate as you drop your landing gear!

The light comes complete with the LED unit, resistor to meet your voltage requirements and the full mechanism in a easy build kit so that you can paint the light to suit your aircraft! All you will need is a mini servo to drive the light up and down.

We have also developed a landing light control module that will operate your landing light that eases your wiring headaches, just plug in the battery and the receiver and let the controller do the rest. The controller is adjustable so that you can set the servo movement, light on/off parameters plus it can handle upto 3 additional lights such as ID lights, another landing light or even our flashing gun lights that are due to be released for sale in the next few weeks!

For more scale products please feel free to visit our website www.carbercomposites.com

Thankyou and we hope to hear from you soon

Cary

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: 09/April/2021 at 1:15pm  Quote

Update to the scale parts we are providing.
The P-51 Exhaust stack and shroud

These are now available custom painted!
Available upto 1/2 scale. We have recently provided a full size set to a customer for a museum exhibition!
Please feel free to visit the website.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: 09/April/2021 at 1:20pm  Quote

Update to the classic P-51 Landing Light

And don't forget this is a fully functioning landing light that can be integrated into your landing gear set up operated by a mini servo. The light comes complete with an LED and resistor to enable you to operate it from 4.8 to 6.6V DC.
These are also available custom painted!
Please feel free to visit our website
Thankyou
Cary

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: 09/April/2021 at 1:59pm  Quote

Cary,
I get a big Dangerous site when I click on your web address. I'm not sure why but Norton is reporting that its a Dangerous site.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: 09/April/2021 at 4:16pm  Quote

Quote: BobH
Cary,
I get a big Dangerous site when I click on your web address. I'm not sure why but Norton is reporting that its a Dangerous site.

Bob,

It's a false positive from Norton because of the way that his hosting company redirects to his site.

The hosting company redirects through several addresses to get to his site.

This is pretty common with hosting companies like GoDaddy. I woulds also advise moving to something more robust than Norton for virus and malware protection when your subscription is up with them. Contact me via PM if you want a recommendation.

Cheers,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: 09/April/2021 at 4:47pm  Quote

Quote: Admin

Quote: BobH
Cary,
<br>
<br>
Bob,
<br>
It's a false positive from Norton because of the way that his hosting company redirects to his site. <br>
<br>
The hosting company redirects through several addresses to get to his site. <br>
<br>
This is pretty common with hosting companies like GoDaddy. I woulds also advise moving to something more robust than Norton for virus and malware protection when your subscription is up with them. Contact me via PM if you want a recommendation.
<br>
Cheers,<br>Mike<br>

Mike and BobH, thankyou both for your input it is appreciated. Yes Norton has an overprotective action that has immediately rejects any site that it feels it cannot “penetrate” and advises the browser that this site is unsafe. Our website is a Wordpress site which is world renowned to be safe and the hosting is actually managed by my Daughters Husband who runs his own data networks for many multinational companies so I know the site is fine otherwise I would not be using it.
I apologise that you have received this message from Norton but however many times this happens to his customers, Norton ignores it because they would have to change their platform which costs money they don’t want to spend!
Once you accept that the site “may” have an issue you can then log onto the site with no issues!
Thankyou again
All the best
Cary

]
] ]