Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Hello from the Southern USA Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: October/01/2017 at 7:01pm  Quote

Real name is Johny,

Have been in the RC hobby since the 1980's , have flown old timers, war birds, helicopters and foamies. My first Kalt helicopter radio only had one stick! I loved the old timers both scratch building and flying them, Powerhouse, Mercury Comet, Cloud king , Falcon.

Gotta love my War birds and multi engine bombers . I have a thing for the B-25's and B-17's, Zero, Bf109, Stuka, and some of the civilian type high wing models like the cub of course.

Im older now, a little more building patience and a little less flying skill. I have been working myself back up to par with a Giant scale PJ-295 build (re doing someone else's balsa butchering) and flying around a park flyer bipe(should have never sold off all my planes) . I have several large projects in the works and several not so large planes on the table as well.

1. An older CMP fiberglass 50cc Zero (cant make it scale too many deviations).Likely be done with this one first 82.6 " Brison 3.4 retracts,flaps, etc.

2. One original Sig craftsmans kit 1/4 scale cub for fun. Doing it in the Flitfire configuration silver with royal markings and the Benevolent fund livery.

3.A 1/8th scale B-17 that the plans are at the document provider as I type this getting copied so I can start on it this month without ruining the original plans. ( I plan on a full build thread) Going as scale as possible. I will also be providing a real B-17 Walk around.

4. Also in the starting phase of a German twin that's bigger than the B-17 Also going scale.

Looking at a maybe doing a Giant scale arf and stripping it down and making it scale as an in between projects project; Do I need another one? Yes of course (one can never have too many airplanes going at once) So I am actually trying to decide on purchasing a 1/4 3/4 Westland Lysander or a ....

I am re adjusting to the new radios, the new batteries and chargers and flying in general. I went to Bombers field this year and had a great time. Re joining my club and making new flying friends.

Having more than one project keeps me from burning out on one and it gives me time to think out how i want to make things look or operate.

Looking forward to a long relationship with the group and a rebirth back into the hobby that made me so happy many years ago.

Johny from Louisiana

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: October/01/2017 at 7:27pm  Quote

Hello Johnny,

Welcome to the best RC Scale site on the web.  There are some INCREDIBLY talented builders on this site and they are ALL more than willing to help the less experienced builders, like myself in any way they can.  No matter what you fancy, there is probably a build thread or two for you to follow on the site to keep you motivated.

I hope you enjoy your time here. . . . . 

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: October/01/2017 at 8:08pm  Quote

Welcome back Johny,
Where in Louisiana are you?

I'm in the Baton Rouge area

Ben

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]