] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: April/18/2017 at 12:33pm  Quote

Hello all.! My name is Bob Fedder, & am partial disabled, I used to be in drag racing, motocross (non-professinal) building drag cars & fast 2-strokes was my ball of wax- abruptly ended with a back injury...So I find myself back into airplane building, & hopefully flying the sucker when completed- nothing like creating something & see it function- then attempt improvement.!! I'm 47 years old-& I really enjoy building... Haven't been able to slow down since January!! LoL.. I scored a few kits since then, & I'm head 1st into a Pic 88" Spit mk9-- been researching build technique & tips & tricks- I love it.. bummer my PC's power supply got fried, have to use my cell phone for now....Ugh.. I'm also going to try & take pics of my build & try to upload here eventually. I'm so happy I've found a niche' that relieves my urge to SURGE!! LoL, y'all probably think I'm a loony toon now. - oh ya, I'm working on my LG & angle, mount location ect..
Bob

Oh ya, my grandpap raised me (dad bailed) so ive been raised "old school" so to speak...& I am eternally grateful it happened that way, since he worked at Fisher Scientific in the 40's -ww2 was rampant,... My first models we're warbirds, & I love'em... They are a drag car with wings...MoPar was my fix..65 to 72... Big block, hemis have always been outta my price range, & for what it's worth, after a poke+stroke..Those 440'woke up big time....Think about the R/T.. super bee call outs & awesome stripe packages? Those are derived from WW2 fighter (they personalized their machines) so MoPar brought that back with their mean & nastises.-(& my grandfather ran Dodge/Plymouth exclusively)

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Avatar User Offline crashman1432
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: April/18/2017 at 12:44pm  Quote

Hey MoparBob,
Welcome to the crew. Its a great place to hang out with a bunch of like minded folks. Some of us just watch and listen mostly, like myself, but the regulars are always happy to jump in and help you out when you get stuck or have a question. Its really kind of funny how connected and attached you can get to folks half way around the world that you may never meet. You get to experience their joy with the birth of a new creation and also feel the heartache with the demise of a long time project as well. Great place to be! Welcome!!!
Charles Wright
Crashman1432
Cayce, SC

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: April/18/2017 at 2:23pm  Quote

Hello MP Bob, and welcome to RCSB.

You might want to check out the Dave Platt DVD Series on building - the first Scratch This disc has great info on how to figure the mounting angle for retracts, and of course I highly recommend becoming a site supporter so that you can take full advantage of the site - LINK

Let me know if I can help

]
] ]