Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Site Polls>Time to confess... :-) Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
] ] ]
]
Poll Question : How many unbuilt model kits (short and full) do you own?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
50 [ 6.23% ]
285 [ 35.49% ]
208 [ 25.90% ]
94 [ 11.71% ]
166 [ 20.67% ]
You can not vote in this poll
]
] ]
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: July/29/2011 at 5:22pm  Quote

One backup Stinger 120 ARF in the rafters...Two current builds.

BUT, let's not talk about surplus gas engines. My conversion days left me flush...

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: July/29/2011 at 6:10pm  Quote

Heck I could fill up the 1-3 box with just the old Berkeley scale kits. Each of which I built as a kid. At least once.

Chuck

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: July/30/2011 at 11:10am  Quote

Yeah, I have a couple of Earl Stahl kits from Holman along with my larger kits.  And soon to acquire one more kit, I hope.  Been trying to get together with the guy for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Let me know if I can help

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: July/30/2011 at 5:31pm  Quote

Quote: Planecrazy200
Ok, get ready for this guys. No, I am not making this up at all, just created a spread sheet of all scale planes that I own. I started to build and collect kits at the age of 13 and I am now 47. Some of you may have seen a few advertisements from me here and at the other site as I have been getting rid of my smaller planes and keeping 1/5 scale and up while replacing them with the larger scale duplicates. At the present time I own a total of 96 scale kits from Ziroli, IMP, Vailly, Hostetler, Don Smith, Palmer, Byron, Yellow, Top Flite, Skymaster, Ikon etc etc! This does not include the 5 helicopters, 3 race boats, 3 cars, 6 warships and a host of sport planes! Well over 130 kits and or operational r/c goodies! Dont know if I will make it to heaven and I know there are no trophies in hell but I hope I win something in the end! Sorry, the fiancee knows all about the value of the collection so I dont think it will be a give away once I pass!

I could write the very same for myself, almost to the letter.

Cheers Rob.

_______
OTB
Skyshark Stuka
Approach AH-64 Apache
Top Flite P-40(red box)
Top Flite Cessna
BT Hurricane (as of Oct 1st.)

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: August/05/2011 at 5:51am  Quote

I haqve only one that is not finished ....Dh103... a cople on the "wish list" but not started yet

A.A.Barry

Whirlwind, DC3.Corsair. 60" Me109
62"Typhoon, 66"Do215, B25 Mitchell 72", 52"Hawker Tomtit,

Building Dh 103 Hornet Fairey Firefly. 85" Tempest

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Miller Lite Lover
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: August/07/2011 at 4:44am  Quote

G/Day well i have 32 scale kits 24 of them being parts and cut kits, just looking after my retirement so my base comment should now read ............."make the 3 life times"....................cheers John

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: August/07/2011 at 8:37am  Quote

Rob

You sound exactly like me except I have a 20 year jump on you, I'm 67. Four years ago we moved to Texas and bought a new house, I immediately had a second large building constructed to match the all brick home, "My work Shop". I now have no more room to hang the built models on the walls which range from the 1940's to current. Each one of the RC planes on the wall have full Radio Systems in them plus the ones which are sitting on the floor and under the benches. I must have 300 servos, 30 plus Radio's, a stock of Balsa, Bass, plywood and Spruce which would rival most large Hobby shops. An Engine collection which goes back to the 1940's which ranges from Atwood Wasp .049's to McCoy .60's, many of them brand new. I have over 400 yards of pure silk, that's all I use including 10 yards of checkerboard silk, worth about $100.00 a yard, not to mention all the Kits. 

I'm saying this because I have so much stuff, at my age I'm starting to feel "GUILTY", If I Croak, my wife of 44 years is going to be stuck with getting rid of all of this stuff. I don't want to stop building, however, I may have to face reality and start selling some of these planes off, many of which are Museum Quality, brand new built ready to fly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks All and Have a Great Day.

John Eberle

Montgomery, TX

Just finished, Proctor Jenny build "Pure Display Build", final pictures coming, Proctor Neiuport 28C-1 build, builds are on the Proctor site and an Old Sterling Waco SRE 90 per cent complete, plus a few others under construction.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: August/11/2011 at 12:18am  Quote

14 unstarted kits, plus 10 kits which are in different stages of construction/finishing, most needing only paint.  All but two are scale and most no longer available.  I also have 9 short kits, and a whole lot of plans.  I keep a spreadsheet which includes an estimate of how long it will take to build each.  If I don't add anything to the list I'll have to live another 34-1/4 years to complete them all.  ****, what am I doing spending time on the computer?  I better get building!

On the spreadsheet I list span, designer, a manufactured date, a flying difficulty rating, special parts needed, etc.  I also list kits and plans I don't have yet but want to get.  There's still two kits on this part of the page.

I like building more than I like flying.  I've gathered kits that I haven't had time to build but want to build some day so I've picked them up over the past several years while they were still available.  I'm much more interested in building from plans nowadays.

in progress:

Sig PT-19 converting to PT-26
scratch built 1/6 I-16 Ishak

]
] ]