Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Scale Events>Madison County Dawn Patrol – Elwood IN Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 2 Pages 1 2
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: June/13/2023 at 9:40am  Quote

Friday evening with the winds behaving again we got in a lot more flying, with Ron Pound’s Fokker D.VII, Art Shelton’s Nieuport 17 and my Sopwith Pup. For the Friday evening Dusk Patrol we had a flock of Fokker Eindeckers doing Fokker Eindecker stuff, Greg Roland with his little electric Albatros, and my Sopwith Pup doing some laps with Kenneth Alcorn's Fokker D.VII as the sun set.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/13/2023 at 9:49am  Quote

Finally for Saturday morning's Dawn Patrol, we started off with a fun session with the rising sun with my Pup (and the paparazzi asking “can you get closer to the sun?” Yeah, I could), and before strong winds (again - go figure) and fatigue wore everyone down.

Tamas got in a great flight with his “Muttley Flying Surfboard” electric after a less than successful attempt earlier in the event – this time it flew great off of a good hand launch by Steve Eagle – made all the difference.

An interesting flight by Steve Eagle's Nieuport 28, which took off with one more passenger than it returned - the wayward pilot did make it back to the aerodrome eventually.

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/13/2023 at 9:57am  Quote

And if you'll indulge me a bit more, here's a walkthrough of the pit area, and most all the planes of the 2023 Madison County Dawn Patrol.

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/13/2023 at 10:02am  Quote

We had two full-scale visitors during the event. The neighbor immediately to the south of the field is an aspiring Ag Pilot, and did several fly-bys with his RAN4, and another visitor on Saturday did some impressive passes in a Pitts Special. Very cool stuff!!

I’ll mention as well that we were fed very well during the event, with the club serving pulled pork sandwiches Friday evening, and a pancake breakfast Saturday morning – we did NOT go hungry!!

Door prizes were awarded Saturday afternoon (thanks to Balsa USA and the Great War Radio Modelers, among others), and a very successful Madison County Dawn Patrol is in the books for 2023.

MANY THANKS for all the club members here at the Madison County RC Flyers, and we're already looking forward to the 2024 Mad Co Dawn Patrol!!! Many many thanks as well to host Tamas T. Seres for everything this weekend - Helen and I had a great time!!

]
] ]