Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Vendor Announcements>Things Are Returning To "Abby Normal" Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: 06/February/2022 at 7:04am  Quote

I have begun signing customers up to automatically receive shipment tracking reports as their package moves, or in this case "stalls" somewhere between Houston and their designated location.

All international orders from this region are forwarded to Chicago then sent by air to locations around the world on either dedicated or contracted carriers. Packages are received and placed into aluminum fuselage shipping tubs for loading in outbound aircraft. During severe weather or lack of aircraft to transport containers...they sit on the ground awaiting available flights.

Shipments to domestic addresses travel either by ground or air depending on their distance from Houston, TX. Typically packages are consolidated to aluminum tubs or carts for movement. During extreme weather the transportation limitations cause containers to sit awaiting transport.

The automatic shipment tracking reports are the result of barcode scans of the aluminum tubs or carts containing barcoded Flite-Metal packages as "nested records". If the shipping container has been stalled in its path to a customer (for any reason) the tracking report will remain the same until the next scan of either the container/cart or individual Flite-Metal package.

Ed

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: 17/February/2022 at 9:42am  Quote

International flights have increased reopening international deliveries in a more timely fashion than has been the case during this the second (and hopefully last) year of the pandemic. Chicago is the outbound Customs point for the central region of the U.S.

Hopefully, we can see this as a sign things are approaching what Gene Wilder said was "Abby Normal"...or as close to normal as I am afraid we are going to see for a while longer.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: 17/February/2022 at 9:48am  Quote

I've had two orders thru UPS "signature required" - both of which were dropped off without even a doorbell.  On top of that, the driver delivered a package to us, along with two for my next door neighbor . . .

Lazy?  Late?  Can't read?  Doesn't care?

Let me know if I can help

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: 17/February/2022 at 10:07am  Quote

Jeff,

Just yesterday once again an Amazon order (one of many this year) was "dropped" on the sidewalk and not even brought to my doorstep. The delivery instructions were clearly shown on the package label. The instruction clearly stated delivery was to be to the Delivery HUB/Locker I subscribe to in an attempt to stop delivery theft. Reporting this to Amazon...I received a reply for more details.

Bottom line the Pandemic has increased the volume of online ordering...aka resulting in increased shipments to the point where Amazon has now gone to outsourcing deliveries. I see fewer "smiling" grey delivery trucks and more and more "brown" vans. Increase in this volume falls on the shoulders of the brown van driver who has no less than twice what "was" normal/typical. As a result they are revolting so to speak and have gotten to not following labeling instructions beyond a street address...or near to it as Jeff said.

Ironically, in my case the driver would have saved time and energy by following the label address. Amazon asked what I suggested...like it was actually going to be taken seriously... I told them to tear-up their contract with UPS and tell them to get control. UPS's income is totally dependant on two elements. It is real simple...the seller and the buyer.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: 17/February/2022 at 10:31am  Quote

I've had zero issues with Amazon, FedEx or OnTrac

Let me know if I can help

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]