]
Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: January/01/2022 at 10:55am  Quote

Always striving to provide the best “bang for your buck” I wanted to give you all some updates on several projects I have been doing working on and organizing to deploy this upcoming year.

R/C Scale Organizations Area
This will be a group of forums that allow members and non-members of these organizations to ask questions and will be answered by a representative that monitors their organization’s forum. Initially we have three organizations coming on-line with us and are in discussion with two more. This new forum area will be deployed in sometime 1st quarter.

WYSIWYG Post Editor For Apple Safari
I am in the final testing phase of developing a What You See Is What You Get post editor for Apple’s browser on RCSB. This browser has introduced a lot of challenges since it does not fully comply with the standards used by other browsers. I am hoping to deploy this sometime in the 1st Quarter.

R/C Scale Wiki
I have been researching and toying with the idea of creating a Wiki for R/C Scale to help new modelers understand the overwhelming list of things they need to know to get started (techniques, materials, etc). If you are not sure what what a Wiki is think of it as an on-line encyclopedia on specific subject in our case. If you want to know more about what a Wiki is you can read this online document explaining them. This project, if given the green light would start sometime in the summer months.

On another note... help me welcome our newest supporting advertisers to RCSB,  RC Plane Stands and Scale Aeroproducts. Be sure and check them out in the supporting vendors area or click their banner ads to visit their site.

Last but certainly not least, the 2022 1st Quarter R/C Scale Vendor Resource Guide is posted and ready for you to download. Check it out by clicking the [Site Supporter] menu item and then [Vendor Resource Guide], or simply click here.

Until next month, clear sky's!
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: January/04/2022 at 11:42am  Quote

Happy New Year, Mike!!

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: January/10/2022 at 1:06am  Quote

Mike, I'm a professional software developer. I recently sold this platform (https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/release-devils-launch-hocke y-academy/c-321498056 --> https://academy.newjerseydevils.com) that some of the NHL teams have adopted for remote training for their youth hockey academies and NHL feeder programs. I partnered with Bryce Salvador, in conjunction with his NHL training center equipment etc. which I also helped to develop software to run.

What challenges would you see here, with Safari unless you're developing for Safari 4.0 from 2003? Safari is based on WebKit, which Apple heavily contributed to the development of. The core of Google Chrome etc.

Curious! It seems your development here of the site is about 18 years behind technology-wise. If you could use a hand, let me know eh? :) Also released medical software that allows remote in-browser viewing of DICOM images (CT scans and MRI etc.) and Safari fully supports every feature, including all WYSIYG features in all major WYSIWYG editors professionally coded.

What's the challenge you're seeing?

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: January/10/2022 at 5:18am  Quote

Hi Cody,

Nice site! Thank you for the kind offer to help out. I certainly may take you up on it on future projects if you are available. Yes, the back-end of the site was originally coded in ASP it has served us well over the years and I have continued to update the front end but trying to keep it "light" for good performance. The biggest challenges with Safari until the last couple of versions is being non-compliment with the CSS standards but now that this is no longer an issue that is being addressed. Unfortunately this is just a side thing I do for the hobby and with minimum time to work on the code base so I just try to keep it usable and the performance good. I have been working on a new version of the site when I have time and hope to release it in the near future. Anyway, thanks again an thank you for your support and feedback. I will be in touch.

Cheers,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

]
] ]