Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Hello from Litchfield Park AZ. Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: February/04/2019 at 12:51pm  Quote

I figured I should introduce myself since I've been watching and admiring all of the great builds and craftsmanship each seem to offer.

I'm what I would guess to be a newbie to RC. I've been flying and re-kitting for about the last 3-4 years. A buddy begged and begged me to come out the flying field and I figured after so long I'd see what it was all about. The instant comradery and friendships that developed have been great. Everyone loves to talk and compare engines, planes, building skills and what not. We all seem to be the ever consummate authority on what has worked for us in the past.

I find that I'm more of a builder than flyer , while I do enjoy the flying very much I love to sit in the garage and build something great from a pile of wood! The only problem is the builds are getting bigger and bigger!!!

I've built several ARF's ( and re-built ) and I'm slowly appreciating the laser kits! I find myself trying new techniques to every build. I currently have a Ziroli Texan Laser cut)  on the bench and am loving all of the many hours of frustration of this build.

I have a lot to learn form many of you and look forward to it along the way!

Thanks
Jay

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: February/04/2019 at 1:44pm  Quote

Welcome Jay, you have came to the right place.  This is the best RC site on the web.  You will get advice, encouragement and help on anything, you just have ask.   The main staple of this site are the building threads.  Your build thread not only shows off your work, but it also helps others learn.  The sharing new ideas is always good for all.

Fair Winds & Happy flyin'
     Rich 

Rich Richardson
AMA Leader Member
Enid, Ok
Flying: 1/4 Fokker D-VII, 1/4 Sopwith Pup, 1/4 SPAD XIII, Nosen Super Cub, GP Giant Ugly Stick, RC Guys Decathlon

Under Const   Fokker Dr I

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
IP Logged
Posted: February/04/2019 at 2:11pm  Quote

Welcome Jay,

Its nice to have someone relatively close to Davis-Monthan...have camera will travel.
You have so much aviation history around you. Good Year's Corsair plant was there. A
mere two hour drive gets you up close and personal with a lot of modeling resources in
and outside.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: February/04/2019 at 10:08pm  Quote

Jay,

Following up with what Ed and Rich has to say, you also are within range of the famous Pima Air Museum which is next door to the Davis-Monthan site.  Not to distract you away from the primary reason why we're all here, but to say we (almost) envy where you live.  

I qualified that word "envy" with "almost" because I live in Reno, Nevada, home of the National Championship Air Races.  Whereas it only occures for one week out of the whole year, it's that week which fills up with lots of action and lots of planes of all descriptions from antiques to highly modified WW II racers that brings excitement and life.

We're all excited to hear from you and sincerely wish you the best.   

Skye 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: February/05/2019 at 7:21am  Quote

Thanks Guys!

Remember those words.. envy when it hits 118deg out here in the summer! That's when I slowly take over a small space in the house and refrain from extreme sanding....while the wife is home anyway. 

I have Luke Air force Base right in my back yard . Its always amazing to see those planes shooting around the sky on the way home form work or hear them in the back ground.  Luke Days ( airshow) isn't pretty bad from my driveway either. You just have to plug your ears when they fly over the house at about 1000'agl.

I've been fortunate enough to walk and tour the Pima Air and Space museum . Very cool !!!

This time of year offers a bunch of Air shows and opportunities to see some amazing planes. Plus there's a few Warbirds just hanging around the valley - ready to go fly!!

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Head Curmudgeon
IP Logged
Posted: February/05/2019 at 9:25am  Quote

Are you in the front or back seat of the T-6?
Welcome to the site!
Sparky

Gamma RIP

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: February/05/2019 at 10:31am  Quote

Back seat - The pilot is a CFI and was gracious enough to let me do the pre-flight and a little bit of flying . I have .4 hrs in my pilots log book for a AT-6 Texan!!!

Great opportunity if you ever get the chance to stop @ Falcon Field FFZ

I believe you can google AZ war bird rides as well. They have a very very impressive Stinson in the musuem as well as a few other that gets you hairs on end.

]
] ]