] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: January/07/2017 at 1:52pm  Quote

I've been lurking around on this site for a while now and have been a site supporter for a couple of years and haven't introduced myself so I figured it was about time.  My name is Lenny Roberts, I live in Phoenix AZ.  I got back into RC planes about 5 years ago and have been busy building, flying, repairing and all of the stuff that goes along with the hobby.  I have always wanted to get into WWII WarBirds and have always enjoyed building kits.  When I found this site I was really amazed at the amount of information I found.  I'm currently flying a Top Flite 1/7th P-51D mustang (kit built), Top Flite 1/7th F4U Corsair ARF (RIP TF F4U 1/7th Kit).  I'm currently building a Top Flite 1/7th P-51B mustang.  This will be my first build that I'm fiber glassing, painting and detailing.  Not sure if I'm going to try and compete with it but I definitely want to bring it out to the WarBird events here in the valley.  Next up after the P-51B is the TF Giant F4U Corsair.  Can't wait to make the jump to giant scale planes!!   

Lenny

Building: H9 Corsair ARF, Bates 1/5th P-51B

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: January/07/2017 at 5:07pm  Quote

Hi Lenny!  Welcome!

As I am sure you are aware, be mindful of tailweight when detailing, it can really add up.

Let me know if I can help

Avatar User Offline crashman1432
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: January/07/2017 at 8:24pm  Quote

Hey Lenny, 
Welcome aboard. This site is definitely inspiring with plenty of content to keep you busy. I myself spend a bunch of time reading and trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible. You will LOVE giant scale and once you've made the leap successfully to GS you will never go back. I find that over the years my stuff just gets bigger and bigger. I haven't flown anything glow probably in 10 years or better. Currently I have a 60% Pitts biplane with a 3w 275 and several WW2 warbirds with 10 ft or better wingspans. It's a sickness for me that needs no cure. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked as I keep saying they're easier to see, and they definitely do fly better.
Welcome and get involved in posting comments and questions. Everyone is very helpful!

]
] ]