Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Hello From DB Sport and Scale Ltd Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: April/24/2015 at 8:40pm  Quote

Hi all,

This is the introduction I meant to write many months ago, however, on finding and joining up (subsequently to be a site supporter) I also undertook Gary's (hethcoat) cad tutorial.  Good value and nice chap.  But shortly after, for reasons too long to mention, I started the process of taking over DB Sport and Scale (now Ltd), a company originally started by Mr David 'Boddo' Boddington. 

Since then, I have been a bit busy and not had the chance to look in as much as I once did but seeing as quite a few of our US friends have ordered recently I thought I should put something up as we have no kit category.  I did try and look at advertising rules to ensure I didn't do something wrong and I don't think I have but, if I did, then I apologise profusely.  It is in my own best interests to see modelling and building forums such as this fine example persist.

That's all really, I hope to visit one or more of your fine shows in the future but early days yet.  I have been to an excellent Top gun, FL event following getting married at Clearwater, Tampa (purely coincidental timing I assure you....:).  And yes, it rained on the wedding day!!!  ALOT:)  But that was before this takeover was even in question. 2013 I think, don't tell my missus I'm not sure of the year...  Also went to New Orleans first (and yes, to Jazz fest), loved it all.

Best wishes all,

Richard (now of DB Sport and Scale Ltd).

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: April/24/2015 at 11:51pm  Quote

Best of luck Richard!  We need more brave souls to keep (scale) modeling alive!

Let me know if I can help

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Avatar User Offline Adam Chambers
Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: April/25/2015 at 1:11am  Quote

Richard,

Welcome !

Ive bought quite a few DB kits over the years ( you have pics of my cirrus moth 40 G EBLV on your web pages) and without doubt they are the most well thought out and executed kits I've ever come across. I regard them as a bench mark. Full laser cut and accurate.

I plan to tackle the big cirrus sometime.

I really want to wish you all the success that hard work brings. The ecom site is excellent and long overdue.

Pob Iwc!

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: April/25/2015 at 1:32am  Quote

Welcome Richard enjoy the site.......

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: April/25/2015 at 5:37pm  Quote

Aha, Mr Adam Chambers!  I do indeed - just had to check I'd put your name on there as well - phew I did:)  Good job Sir.

Thanks for all your kind words, I will be putting international postage on the site at some point but it's a bit of a minefield to say the least.  Luckily it's only one or two of the largest boxes which are the most problematic.  Still, I continue to persevere to get the cheapest, safest price.   I know the feeling of opening that brand new kit and despite what couriers may desire to do with the box, it should *always* have that initial lovely smell and look feel.  In the next day or two I'll put ball park figures on there for an idea of what it may cost for each box.  The individual accessories in little sealed bags, ah, what's better in life :)

Anyhow's, that's me done for the moment lest I be labelled a sneak advertiser.  I will be supporting this site in the future but too many things at once for the moment.  

Keep up the fine, fine work and very Best wishes all.    

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]
] ]