Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Another one returns to the fold Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Mount Horeb, WI
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: January/19/2015 at 7:19am  Quote

Hello, please allow me to introduce myself here.  I flew R/C a few years ago, gave it up around 2004 after a close call with a model losing it's signal and crashing near a road.  Shook me up and I swore off flying anymore.  Sold most of my planes and gear but have always had the urge to fly again.  Picked up the Realflight sim last year, thought maybe that would satisfy the urge but it really hasn't- instead it has made me want to build and fly even more.  Built and flew everything from gliders to aerobats, ARF's to scratchbuilt.  Last build was a Midwest Pitts Super Stinker- unfortunately never got to fly it.  Finished it a week before I gave up flying and have regretted it ever since.  Always wanted to build a scale warbird, am now looking at a couple Ziroli designs.  Always wanted to build one of those but never did it.  Guess it's never too late to start up again!  Looking forward to contributing here, seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people who are always willing to help.

Thank you!
Frank

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: January/19/2015 at 7:55am  Quote

Hi Frank, welcome back to the fold and RCSB.  My son quit flying for a similar reason.

You are correct about the wealth of knowledge here, you can get an answer on just about anything you can think of.  When you start your build be sure and check out the site supporter program LINK.  It is well worth the investment, much better and more focused content than any magazine.

Let me know if I can help

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Mount Horeb, WI
IP Logged
Posted: January/19/2015 at 3:57pm  Quote

Thank you for the warm welcome Jeff, much appreciated!  Will definitely check out that link, and really looking forward to exploring this site in depth.

Basic Member
Basic Member
Hamilton, ON. Failed Kamikaze School
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: January/19/2015 at 5:28pm  Quote

A warm welcome to you Frank from one of your very cold neighbours from the far north.  This is an excellent site for information, Q & A sessions, and knowledge.  That I found out very quickly when I started my build thread.  Lots of advice, suggestions, and information available here.  We tend to be a little bit of a family on here, and making great friends from all over the world. 

Married 43 Yrs, to a wonderful wife who lets me go to flying field & weekend events

Hey watch this tail spin ........THUD .......Duhhhhh

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]
] ]