Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Newbie from New Zealand Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of New Zealand New Zealand
IP Logged
Posted: October/23/2014 at 4:00am  Quote

Hey all, I've been reading this forum for a while, and it's great. Everything i read on here is fascinating, well done to all involved. 
I've been flying for about 20 years, and am slowly heading down the larger/scale route. To that end, I want to get involved here, however my current/immediate horizon projects are a bit of a lesser scale than most of what else goes on around here, and i am keen to pick up things from you guys as things grow at my end. Perhaps they may provide some inspiration to others at the lower end of the scale ladder. Here's my recent projects:
A full "un-ARFing" of a World Models Texan (72"): Fully glassed (with solartex control surfaces) new canopy, cowl, Eflite retracts and paint. Runs a NGH GT17, my first gasser. Love gas now!

62" Electric Tony Nijhuis Typhoon: Glassed and Eflite retracts again.

Both these have rudimentary panel lines although don't they don't show in these pics. Sorry, i can't find motivation for building cockpits!

This is my current project, it's another ARF makeover (but fairly substantial!)

Original Airframe is a Hangar 9, but is getting plenty of additions from the Top Flite parts bin. Runs an OS91, with a Keleo exhaust. Sierra Precision .60 rotating retracts.

Already the next couple of projects are lined up, a partially completed TF Corsair, and a ARF Sea Fury.

So the question to you guys, is this the kind of thing you guys want to see on this forum? 

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]