]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: February/15/2012 at 12:09am  Quote

OK, I'm really not that exciting.  But I did join this forum for ONE reason-

I am simply amazed at the quality of what goes on here, and wanted to share my token scale project. 

I was born in Denver Colorado, and plan on staying here the rest of my life.  When I was a kid I learned how to build and weather models from my father, a WORLD-CLASS S-scale train guy.  Having him around teach and guide me was a great gift.  He had all the equipment, paints, and 20+ years of train magazines with tutorials in them.  We would enter plastic model contests when I was young.  Dioramas were my specialty.  At the typical contest (I was pre-teen and he was in the master class) we would leave with all the first place plaques, trophy's, and ribbons in every category we would enter.

I gave up plastic models when I started flying RC when I was 12.  I gave up RC airplanes when I was 16 and had cars and women on my mind. Sound familiar?  Well, after a 15 year sabbatical and starting my own trim business I walked into a clients hobby room FULL of RC aircraft.  I was awash in memory, and longed to fly again.  I was hooked, this time for good! 

I started flying again with electrics, and was eventually gifted a Bridi Kaos that I still have today.  I flew glow until I discovered slope soaring, and did that exclusively for about three years.  Then with the 3D craze I got back into electrics, and eventually into giant scale aerobatics.  I sold all my glow stuff (sorry guys I hate that crap) and went GAS and electric only.  I fly IMAC, and host a local Giant Scale 3D event called the Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown at the Arvada Associated Modelers field.  I also fly in our clubs airshow as a 3D demo pilot, and tow a US flag with my 144" Super Cub as a 9-11 commemoration.

Last year at our clubs annual harvest festival airshow Brian O'meara of Warbirds Over The Rockies fame invited me to fly at WOTR.  I accepted, and bought a used Parkzone Corsair to fly in the Foamie fly.  I was totally unhappy with the shiny finish, and stopped by my dads place to weather it up. 

After attending the event I knew I needed more than a foamy to really participate in the event.  So the hunt began for a good used Warbird within my price range.

You will find a "P-47 renovation" thread in the Top Flite forum in the next few days.

I will also post as many pictures as RCSB will allow LOL!

Thanks for your time, and I hope I don't disappoint!

Cody

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: February/15/2012 at 12:20am  Quote

Here you go- a few choice pictures!  I'm not your average scale guy!

Now I have to figure out how to get these to stack right...

another

hmm...

I guess this is good if you want to do a blow- by blow in a build thread...

OK, I'm getting the hang of this now

Defy Pictures Jill holding my plane- wowsa!

Here is my MAIN MAN!  He goes to all the flying events with me- Maximus Doggus!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]
] ]