Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>It’s about time! Or, "Hello!" Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Avatar User Offline Tango Juliet
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: May/27/2011 at 9:24am  Quote

It occurred to me yesterday while reading another modelers introduction that I had never formally introduced myself to the community, though I've been a site member for three and a half years.

My name is TJ Rohyans, I live in Mobile, AL, and have been an avid R/C Aeromodeler for the better part of 20 years, though I have yet to really build a scale model.  My modeling began at an early age with plastic models, then onto rockets all through my teens, even competeing in NAR Sanctioned events.  It wasn't until I joined the USAF in 1989 that I could finally afford my first R/C model and radio (a Great Planes Super Sportster 20 and a 4 Channel Airtronics Vanguard radio).  Life has it's way of changing your best laid plans and I struggled through some unexpected circumstances which didn't allow me to be as involved in the hobby as I'd liked to be, but I still kept small sport planes available to me.

In recent years I also persued another passion, photography.  I've been fortunate enough to be able to merge these two hobbies somewhat and have now shot for Model Airplane News, and shot and written articles for Model Aviation magazine, with more work coming soon.

I often browse the forums here and others to glean every ounce of information I can from those builders that have the skills I still lack.  I didn't have the benefit of an R/C mentor growing up so I consider the forums as my mentor now.  I've got two scale kits waiting in the wings for the time, money, and space to complete them.

My photography website, www.tangojulietphotography.com, contains many galleries from full scale and model fly ins.  Prints are available directly from the website as well as digital downloads.  If you've got a project that you'd like to have some professional images of, and you're not too far away, get in touch with me and we can put together a photo shoot.

TJ Rohyans

On The Board - Chris Williams 1/3.5 Slingsby Sedbergh T21b

Member In Good Standing - Builders Slower Than A Dead Turtle Nailed To A Fencepost Association

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]