Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Site Polls>Winter Project Subject Era/Type Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5
] ] ]
]
Poll Question : Tell us what your 2009-2010 winter project subject’s Era/Type...
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
162 [ 22.07% ]
337 [ 45.91% ]
45 [ 6.13% ]
25 [ 3.41% ]
138 [ 18.80% ]
27 [ 3.68% ]
You can not vote in this poll
]
] ]
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: November/23/2009 at 7:00pm  Quote

Disregarding everything I'm currently building for customers.......my much ignored 142" 1/6 B-26B Marauder will be reappearing in my workshop very soon (next couple of weeks following a workshop clear out)

The build is around 75-80% complete & is based on a 30% enlargement of a Jerry Bates plan. Originally started in December of 1999, this build has been on, and off....and on again, then off again more times than I care to remember. Moving house (3 times), changing jobs (6 times), getting married, starting my own business, producing our 1st child......have all got in the way, but I'd now determined this model WILL be finished a little over 10 years after it was 1st started There is an old thread about it in jerry's section here on RCSB.......maybe I'll restart that as well!!!

.........then it's what's next?....never happy unless I'm building 1 and thinking & researching the next.....so many ideas, so little time

Do335.....Ta152H.....Me323.......P-59......XP-54......?

Phil

Fighteraces
Warbirds & Accessories
Building & finishing materials
Custom building service
www.fighteraces.co.uk

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Basic Member
Basic Member
Passed Away 2014
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: November/23/2009 at 11:59pm  Quote

Quote: p51p47

.........then it's what's next?....never happy unless I'm building 1 and thinking & researching the next.....so many ideas, so little time

Do335.....Ta152H.....Me323.......P-59......XP-54......?

Phil

My vote goes for the Ta-152 Phil.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: November/24/2009 at 4:09am  Quote

335 & 152 are the 2 front runners at present.......it really boils down to suitable power plants for the 152??

Phil

Fighteraces
Warbirds & Accessories
Building & finishing materials
Custom building service
www.fighteraces.co.uk

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Avatar User Offline georgewaldrop
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Mustang, OK -=- Site Lurker
IP Logged
Posted: November/26/2009 at 4:46am  Quote

Hey guys,

Caution...long post:

Generally a lurker here, I've been following many of your builds and dreaming of being able to build that well...but I am learning much as I read build thread after build thread and get more and more ideas.

I flew RC many years ago but lost interest and took a break nearly 20 years ago, then never unpacked my gear after it was crated for one of our moves. I have recently gotten back into the hobby (this past summer) after so many years "off the sticks" and have been working at getting proficient at flying again and having loads of fun and pretty good luck at it so far.

I have pulled three of the models I flew regularly back then out of the crates they were packed in for transport, as I mentioned, and never uncrated (you guessed it, I kept it ALL). Much to my pleasure and some surprise, each has so far started, run and flown with much the same feel as before. Obviously, I have replaced all my old radio gear (excepting servos, which were thoroughly tested and perform well to my satisfaction) and checked structure and covering material as well as engines and tanks, etc.

All that said to say [in response to the poll which is the topic of this thread!] I have also decided to start building an old 3/8 scale StarDuster-Too kit I bought back then, which was kitted by RCKit Mfg (Bob Campbell/Frank Zaic I believe). The kit has a 90+ inch top WS and should be a beautiful plane (if I can do it justice). I have actually also found a partially built model of the same kit which I am working on purchasing so I can use it as a "practice plane" with which to start to limber up my general covering and finishing techniques and to practice flying so that I can try to put more scale detail into the kit as I build it. I plan on trying to start the kit this winter along with finishing the "semi-ARC" one. It shouldn't take me over another few years to finish! I have gathered much of the gear for it, including a new DLE 111 [which should fit almost entirely inside the cowl] and most of the new radio gear for it save only some of the servos I still need to gather. I guess this build would fall into Post WWII Civilian (just to stay somewhat on topic).

Looking forward to learning much more from all you folks...keep those great builds coming, and THANKS for posting them, as well as THANKS to RCSB for the place to learn!

George Waldrop
AMA L1307 -=- IMAA LM207

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: January/24/2010 at 3:13am  Quote

Getting started on a TB2D Skypirate built by Douglas For the Navy. Only 2 where built. How did Mr. McCullough come up with such projects.

Carey715

Giant Top Flight P-47

Hanger 9 1\4 Cub on floats

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: January/24/2010 at 6:05am  Quote

I'm building a Royal 1/4 Supercub from plans, highly modified with no dihedral clipped wing and 50 gasser for power. Lots of scale details but you know not full scale, just for fun. Going to have Ed's River Run on the wing to recognize all the old stories that Ed told me from his barnstormin days of coyote chasin and winter cub flying in the 40's and 50's. Remember our old guys and their stories, they're a treat. I guees I'm getting there too. Lanny    Khelsea

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: January/26/2010 at 4:13pm  Quote

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: February/05/2010 at 11:14am  Quote

Howdy! Finishing an 80" Boeing B-9, 66" IK-3 and 1/4 DH-5. Drawing plans for 1/4 1934 Nemeth Umbrellaplane. Heaven have mercy on my soul!

]
] ]