If you are not a registered member, click the REGISTER link below or click REGISTER on the site menu to setup a FREE account take advantage of all the information on R/C Scale Building in our community.
Scale building is an exciting and challenging aspect of R/C modeling. The goal of this site is to provide you with as many resources as possible to help you be successful and more informed with your scale projects. Whether it's your first scale project or you are a seasoned builder, you will find rcscalebuilder.com a great resource.
October Site News
Posted: Admin @ 01/October/2014 9:38am
Not a lot going this month as we head into building season here in the Northern Hemisphere, but we have a few small things to cover.
1. I want to welcome back our old friends at Leasure R/C Models as an advertiser here on RCSB. LRCM is owned by member Steve Ort and they carry the full line of Jack Stafford Models among other items. Be sure and check them out at http://leisurercmodels.com/.
3. Starting a new building project this winter? Start a thread! We can all learn from each other no matter what your skill level and we would love to see your work as it progresses!
the October renewal, and November reminders have been sent to those
members via Private Messenger. If your subscription is up for renewal
this month then please remember to take care of it before your renewal
date so your account status is not interrupted. RCSB depends on these
subscriptions to stay up and running. As always, your support is
important and most appreciated.
Hope you all have a great October and be sure to remember we are all ambassadors of our hobby. Others judge our community by our actions so always remember safety first and help out the new guys!
The Grumman F8F Bearcat is a unique subject overlooked by
many. This fighter was “state of the art” in it’s time and offer many
excellent attributes as a modeling subject. This walk-around is
PACKED with 150 high resolution and very detailed photos of two
different subjects located at the Chino Air Museum. If you are
considering the Bearcat as a modeling subject you need this walk-around.
This is a great subject
and a MUST for your walk-around collection.
If you are a RCSB Site Supporter you can download the .zip file by going to "Site Supporter" and "Downloads" on the site menu or click on the link below.
Wow! Here we are heading into fall.. Where did this year go?
Just a few items to cover this month in the site news...
1. IT'S BACK! The RCSCALEBUILDER Show returns LIVE this Tuesday (September 2nd at 9:00pm Eastern - 6:00pm Pacific). The show will be LIVE once a month and you guys can participate by going to http://www.warbirdradio.com during the show and click the "Listen Live" graphic. Of course if you can't listen live you can go to the RCSCALEBUILDER Show Page on Warbird Radio and listen to the recorded podcast the next day http://www.warbirdradio.com/shows/the-rc-scale-builder-show/. I will be posting notices here on the site before each show so you can be sure and tune in.
2. As some of us start to think about new winter projects I hope you will take the time to post your project this year and do a build thread. I cannot convey to you how helpful these are to folks and the great feedback I get when I get to meet members face to face about how great it is to be able to follow these build threads. No matter what your skill level you should start one. We can all learn form each other.
3. Many thanks to Gerry Yarrish for two great new tutorials here on the site. You can check them out by clicking "Tutorials" on the site menu above. If you would like to contribute a tutorial please contact me using the "Contact Us" page and we will work to get it posted ASAP.
That's about all I have this month. Thank you all for your continued support of RCSB and for making it THE source worldwide for Scale Builders.