]
Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: April/01/2022 at 9:48am  Quote

Greetings fellow R/C Scale builders and enthusiast. As we start into another flying season here in the Northern Hemisphere our focus this month is SAFETY.

1. SEASONAL SAFETY CHECKLIST - Many of us (including myself) tend to grow complacent as our experience level grows each year in this wonderful hobby of ours. That is why it is ESPECIALLY important for the more experienced flyers to be much more diligent about safety with our models. Every year I bring this up and point everyone to our SEASONAL SAFETY CHECKLIST that is available for download by simply clicking here. We hope you all will take a day and use our checklist to go over your models making sure they are safe and ready for a successful flying season.

2. BROWSER SUPPORT - Please make sure you are running a current version of your favorite browser. It is hard to believe we actually have some users still running some really, really old browsers when they all are upgradable for free and offer a much more secure browsing environment. Basically if you haven't upgraded your browser in a few years it's time to. It's free and no reason not to. Here is a site that will point you to the latest versions of the supported browsers:

http://browsehappy.com/

3. RCSB RULES AND POSTING TIPS & TRICKS - We have had a influx of many new members over the last month. Both new and current members should review the site rules and posting tips from time to time so we can continue to have the BEST on-line community in R/C. They are  at the top of every forum or you can simply click the link below to view them:

Posting Tips & Tricks
https://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=214 91

Site Rules
https://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1

Hope you all have a great month and hope to see many of you in Toledo!

Cheers,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: April/25/2022 at 11:55pm  Quote

Every once in a while I expound on check lists . I used to do a preflight every flight then made post flight notts, then at home I reviewed them and made a maintenance check list. It’s amazing how many little things that were adjusted or repaired that possibly could have caused a crash . I flew the plane 13 years before giving it to my ate son I still have some of the log book my thought was that if full scale do these smaller scale should too . Giant scale is expensive enough without needless crashes . I replaced servos with stripped gears many times . I often wondered when it happened. Maybe that was why it was a little sluggish in a roll . Micas batteries had to be cycled to maintain their full capacity . I kept charts on the tests so I could see if a battery was getting weak . Every wire connection had positive locks or clamps fuel lines had clamps fuel lines were checked for flexibility and where they were located I had a small automotive fuel filter and I had filter on my field tank. I had spare parts with me so I could make field repairs. The list was quite long for each flight but I don’t think I ever had an issue hat caused damage other than dumb thumbs .

So do check lists the one time you catch something that would have cost you a plane will make you a believer

Byron

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]