Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: February/01/2022 at 10:02am  Quote

Greetings all,

I hope this update finds each of you well and enjoying our hobby. We are deep in building season here in the northern hemisphere while our fellow r/c’ers south of the equator are deep in their flying season. No matter how you are enjoying the hobby I hope you continue to find RCSB a helpful resource!

Just a couple of quick items to cover this month...

1.  Emoticons/Emojis – Do you know what they are? They are the little icons of various faces and emotions that you can add into your posts. Most people don’t understand their real use and this sometimes causes misinterpretation of the written word. For example, take the following sentence. "I think that stinks." Is the author of that sentence being straightforward, sarcastic, annoyed, or amused? No way to know is there? That is where Emoticons/Emojis come in handy. By simply added a smiley face that communicates to the reader that the author is making that statement in an amused fashion.

Unless you are an unusually talented writer, I would recommend using Emoticons/Emojis to help express the message you are trying to get across so your post will not be misinterpreted by others.  You can add these by simply clicking on the  Emoticons/Emojis to the left of the post compose area. They will be inserted where ever your cursor is.

2. New Supporting Vendor – Please join me in welcoming NIRLYBUILT.COM as the latest addition to our RCSB Supporting Vendors. They offer a great line of products and amazing building services if you need that. Be sure and check them out at nirlybuilt.com.

3. YouTube - Did you know many of our members have their own channels on YouTube offering up videos related to our hobby? You can find some of these by visiting our YouTube channel by clicking here and scrolling down to the “RCSB Vendor and Member Channels”. If you have a YouTube Channel and don't see it in the list send me a PM with a link to it and I will be happy to add it to our channel.

That is going to wrap it up for this month. As usual, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Blue skies and fair winds to you all!
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]
] ]