]
Author / Post
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: October/03/2021 at 3:02pm  Quote

Hello, fellows scale modelers!

It's been some time I silently watch the awesome work of art from everybody on this site, and I think it's my turn to share some of my stuff.
I am into RC for 3 decades now, with on and off time due to study, work, etc.
My professional occupation is to fly for a regional airline in the north, and it is pretty exciting and challenging at times. My 8.5yrs old son is no longer interested in airplanes, but he might come back at it later: he's just discovering other stuff for now, and that's fine! :)
I will begin by posting one or two of my already finished and flying models, in the Top Flite section: a P-40 1/7 scale converted into a french P-36(H-75A1), with a Saïto FG19R3, and then my T-34 Mentor, a wonderful flyer. I hope not to get boring!
But the real thing I want to show, is the Deperdussin Monocoque, hand drawn at 1/3 scale after the model in Old Rhinebeck, where I have been and where I felt home!! Actually, I've been there just for her!! To finally see the real thing and photograph it under all possible angles!

My fleet consist of:
-1/4 scale BUSA Fokker DVII, Finish colors, circa 1920, 40cc gas engine, oil pan, from a plowing machine, with an aluminum crankshaft extension, made on the lathe by a friend from my club,
-1/4.9 scale scratch build Albatros DVa(Max Nather colors:black fuse, with german flag on the sides- the old german flag)---doesn't fly for now, she's in a "C" check, but maybe before winter!Saïto 100, 16x4 prop: a real delight to fly, when no wind!
-1/7 Curtiss H-75, top flite P-40 modified, scale treated,Saïto FG19R3, E-flite retracts,
-1/5 Beech T-34, Top Flite as well, with scale cockpit and other bits, Saïto 115, robart retracts,
-1/8 Dalotel, sport scale, for training and fun, OS FS 48,
-and other toys like a flying wing with an OS 25old gen, a mini-Ferber with an OS10FP, another one in "C" check: Yak 15 edf. OH! I almost forgot, an electric ARF(yeah I know...)for patern purpose: so perfect, that it is anoying...

-My F8F2 Marutaka Bearcat has finally decided to stop its career some time ago, sniff, but the fuse and canopy, and plans, and ...you know...we'll see !

And, just because I like to build, with time, I have been able to gather from diverse sources, some awesome kits still intacts in there original boxes:
-a 1/5 Waco from Pica!!!, I think about the RCV 120SP I have,
-a Ryan STA from Sig!!!!! , engine TBD
-a mustang .60 from top flite gold ed.,engine TBD
-a Red Box Zero from Top Flite!!!, engine wil be my old refurbished ASP91

and, long term projects that are in a pause:
-A scratch build Caudron C-460, 1/4.5 scale, for a OS60SF(The one that powered the Bearcat at first)
-a Dewoitine 520, 1/8, from free plan(MVM magazine), electric treated, full scale cockpit, moveable controls, retracts, flaps, etc...

Well! I just begun the build of the Dep, I'm really excited with that project, I hope It's gonna be interesting, I found lots of ideas I'd like to share and of course, receive advises and so on!

Thanks for your time!

Best regards,

Fabien.

1/4 BUSA Fokker DVII Finish camo
1/4.5 scratch Albatros DVa
1/8 Dalotel DM-165

Building:
1/3 Deperdussin Monocoque
1/4.5 Caudron C

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: October/04/2021 at 8:39am  Quote

I will be following your work

Michael

Trying to finish building a Ziroli P47
Framing a Kellogg TBM Avenger

Future Projects - shortlist
Short List - there's no such thing as a shortli

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: October/04/2021 at 9:12am  Quote

Fabian,
Welcome to the fold. We’ll all be looking forward to watching your building the Deperdussin. That is truly a unique aircraft with lots of cables & wing warping along with an undercambered wings.

Cheers,

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]