Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: 01/September/2021 at 9:29am  Quote

Greetings All,

As we move into our winter building season here in the Northern Hemisphere, some of us start to think about new winter projects. I hope you will take the time to post your project in a build thread this year. I cannot convey to you how helpful and important these are to others when I get to meet members face to face about how great it is to be able to follow these build threads. No matter what your skill level is, you should start one for your winter project. We can all learn from each other no matter what our skill level.

Just a couple of items to cover this month...

1. Bad Word Filter - I have been doing some work on the bad word filter this last month and we should see less "false positives" where the filter catches normal words with bad words in them. Hopefully this change I pushed up to the production site will fix a lot of that. Also, please remember this is a family oriented site and we all should use language appropriately. Thanks!

2. Browser Updates / Recommendations - No matter which one you are using, please be sure to keep your browser up to date to help protect yourself on the internet. Also, if you are not using Firefox or Chrome browsers you might consider changing to them as they are the most supported browsers out there (and here on RCSB) at this time. They are available on all platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android). You get better performance and compatibility (and more secure with Firefox) with all website on the internet.

3. New Moderator - Please join me in welcoming Glenn Ryan (NOI53Y) as one of our moderators. Glenn has kindly volunteered to help out here on the site and since he is in Australia this gives us more coverage 24/7 here on the site. He joins our team of other volunteers that include: Goran Grenander (Sweeper), Danny Busch (Remklep), Jeff Whitney (J_Whitney), David Heil (dmheil), and now of course Glenn Ryan (NOI53Y). These folks volunteer their time to help keep RCSB the great community it is. Thank you guys!

That's it for this month. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions by using the Contact Us page. last but certainly not least a HUGE thank you to all our subscribers who help keep RCSB alive and well.

Cheers,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]
] ]