Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Introductions from Maine, USA Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: August/04/2021 at 2:30pm  Quote

Hello all,

I wanted to take a moment this afternoon to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Brad, I live in Maine, USA. I grew up building and flying model aircraft with my father in South Africa. I have been out of the hobby since moving to the US about 7 years ago or so.

After graduating college within the last year, I finally have some free time to invest in the hobby. My interests have transitioned from sport planes to scale. I am sure my goals far outweigh my capabilities at this point, but I think with the help of this forum I may be able to get where I want to be.

Currently finishing up a Tower Hobbies Uproar (to get my fingers back in the game), then onto an Eagle II (My girlfriend has shown some interest in building and learning how to fly, so figured we could build something for her to start learning on). Following that, I am researching and beginning documentation for a Top Flite Bonanza, I plan on doing the V35B variant - I have a topic in the research thread for more discussion on this. Following that, I am not too sure yet, perhaps finishing up a Sig 1/4 scale cub on floats, or perhaps a Pilot Tiger Moth, we'll see what happens.

Best, Brad

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Avatar User Offline Planecrazy200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Scale Head
IP Logged
Posted: August/04/2021 at 2:40pm  Quote

Welcome to the community! You will find so many talented builders here and as many suggestions on how to tackle an issue you may have. I don't want to mention names to read their posts because everyone here has something to offer. It is a great place to be for any RC modeler!

Built...still counting! Let you know when I retire.
Building H421-C,YZero,FWTA-154
Next Up Macchi 202,R C500 enlg,125"

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: August/06/2021 at 11:49am  Quote

Brad,
Welcome to our community & if it’s scale r/c modeling, you’ve come to the right place.

I see you’re already signed up & roaring to go. I’m sure you must be familiar with some of the many services offered to fellow members from active vendors, discounts, access to documentation, building tools & more

Eventually you’ll start becoming friends with several of our members. It’s not unusual for fellow members to drive hundreds of miles to help out each other. We also offer building tips, tricks & techniques that we share.

Finally, you’ll feel like a part of the family & perhaps attend a few airshow events & more.

There’s a gentleman I know through FB who used to own full scale Bonanzas at one point or another & has become something of a person who recognizes different sub types & their various modifications & upgrades. I mention this because of your eventual goal of modeling a V-35 & because all scale modeling begins with research. Sometimes research goes into several months if not years. So let me know when you’re ready for the research portion & I’ll see if he’s available ( most likely he will).

Cheers,

Gary (Skye)

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: August/06/2021 at 1:32pm  Quote

Thank you both for the warm welcomes!

Skye: With regards to getting started with the Bonanza research and documentation, I am already getting into the thick of it over in my research topic -  https://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=327 37&PN=1 - please come check that out, I am about to make a post over there with a potential specimen. I am definitely interested in talking to as many people as possible, so however you want to pass my information along, I'd be happy to work with you. I am excited to get back into the hobby and form some friendships along the way.

Best, Brad

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: August/06/2021 at 3:39pm  Quote

Brad,

Glad to hear that. I’ll get in touch with this individual & see what his reaction is & to what extent if any, would he be willing to participate &/or share. Sounds like you’ve been doing your homework….. LoL

Cheers,

Skye

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: August/06/2021 at 4:15pm  Quote

Brad;
I’ll PM you his contact info.

Cheers,

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: August/09/2021 at 7:37am  Quote

Skye,

Thank you for providing his contact info, I will reach out to him today at some point!

Best, Brad

]
] ]