Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: August/01/2021 at 8:19am  Quote

Greetings all,

This month I want to talk about remembering what is important. Family, friends, and mostly yourself. Recently I lost a dear friend and it reminded me that our time here on this earth is finite and to try and enjoy life to its fullest every day. Our hobby is one of the joys in life, but to many times at the flying field, at an event,and even on this site occasionally I see modelers criticizing or belittling those who choose not to do things "the normal way" or because they choose to enjoy the hobby "their way" by just drawing models or collecting kits, or whatever the aspect of the hobby they enjoy. Judging others for the way they choose to enjoy this hobby is wrong and I am just a guilty of doing it now and then as those who I have had to "correct" here on the site. This is not right at any level and as an already declining hobby we need to encourage people and build them up, not tear them down. How each person chooses to enjoy this wonderful hobby is their business and their business only. Also, how slow or fast someone builds or discusses things in THEIR thread is their business not yours. If you don't like the way a thread is going simply unsubscribe from it and don't view it. Life is to short to be so petty about such things. One of my favorite quotes is "Life becomes easier and more beautiful when we can see the good in other people." Let others enjoy this hobby the way you do.

Just a couple of items to cover this month...

1. We are coming up on building season north of the equator... Have you picked out a new subject for this year? I hope you will consider doing a build thread. No matter what your experience level, others can learn from you!

2. A huge THANK YOU to you all who subscribe and help keep this site afloat. without you all we would not be here. I can't say this enough of make everyone realize how important their subscription is to keeping RCSB alive and well. THANK YOU!

3. Proud of your latest creation? Email me a picture of it flying (as high a resolution image as you can) and if the image is good quality I will add your model into the image carousel the home page. You can send it to me at webmaster@rcscalebuilder.com along with yrou real name and the name of the model.

That's it for this month. I hope you have a great August and again thank you all for your support of our great community.

Regards,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: August/01/2021 at 9:00am  Quote

Mike.
Great advice.  Sometimes I refer to that situation as:-

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to"