Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2019 at 7:00am  Quote

Greetings fellow modelers,

Safety
As summer settles in here in the Northern Hemisphere, lots of us are heading out to our local flying field, attending fly-ins, or contests while our fellow builders south of the equator are settling into shop time. No matter if you are flying or in the shop PLEASE think of safety. It is so easy to put ourselves in situation that are not safe by being distracted or trying to do to much at once. 

Flying - One of the biggest mistake I see when flying is not having a spotter or going to the flying field by yourself. Please make sure you have someone helping you when flying at an event and most importantly make sure you have someone with you at your local flying field. Having a spotter lets you fly and they help you watch other flyers and having someone at your local club with you is in case something happens to you there, they can help. Plus, having a flying buddy is fun! Please be safe and don't fly alone.

Building - In the shop make sure you understand how to operate all the power tools safely. Make sure you stay focused when using hobby knifes and CA glues to avoid cutting yourself or burning or gluing your fingers together. Remember, it's a hobby not a race so take your time and enjoy the hobby. Also, if you are sanding in an enclosed area be sure to wear a mask. You only have one set of lungs!

Warbirds Over Georgia
If you are in the Southeastern US load up your giant scale warbird and join us at Warbirds over Georgia is hosted at Hodges Field, Americus Georgia by Mac Hodges, and ran by the GSWA June 6th - 8th. You can find more information on the event Facebook page by clicking here.

Drawing for Site Supporters
As a special "Thank You" to all of you who are RCSB Site Supporters I have a very special and rare item involving aviation history I will be giving away in a random drawing to some lucky subscriber this month. You must be a Site Supporter subscriber to qualify for the drawing. I will post all the details the second week of this month.

That's it for this month. Hope you all have a great June and remember to measure twice and cut once. 

Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/20/2019 at 9:13pm  Quote

Thanks Mike,

I think that you've added a very valuable feature in indicating previous similar threads at the end of a particular thread.  Great feature!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: June/20/2019 at 9:36pm  Quote

Quote: Bob LaBrash
Thanks Mike,

I think that you've added a very valuable feature in indicating previous similar threads at the end of a particular thread.  Great feature!

Hi Bob, 

I'm still doing some testing with it so it may be turned on and off a few days until it is fully tested and trained. The machine learning algorithm has to "learn" by watching how members click between topics. 

If you guys want to know what Bob is talking about scroll to the bottom of a thread's page below all the posts and you should see other similar posts as the one you are looking at.

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]
] ]