]
Author / Post
Avatar User Offline Final approach
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: January/16/2019 at 2:55pm  Quote

Hello all.Im Dan from sunny Florida{USA}Im an avid war history buff and r/c build/fly fanatic.Started this hobby in 1969 (line control}My father was a lifetime scale builder and E.A.A lifetime member.I help him build his first expermental plane(EVANS Volksplane}at 14 years old and was hooked on aviation.He encourged me to return to r/c before he past on by giving me his collection of planes and spending his time showing me how to love and maintain them.A son couldnt ask for a greater gift.(Thanks POP)

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Avatar User Offline Skyediamonds
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: January/17/2019 at 12:23pm  Quote

Welcome to the RCSB site Dan.  Here, you'll find people who love aviation just as much as you and your father.  As a father myself, I literally raised my daughter and son inside airplanes.  We flew all over the greater Los Angeles area including Catalina Island.  I'm into super detailing scale models myself and you can find my build threads under "Under Kits" column, then go to the second page, look for Super Detailing Guillow's S.E.5 and Wright Bros' Flyer builds.  

In addition to being a private pilot, I too, am a member of the EAA, an A&P and attended their AirVenture many times, as well as visiting air museums, attending airshows (I live in Reno, Nevada, home of the National Championship Air Races), and just hanging out at both modeling fields and airports.  Lately, I've settled on building models for my hobby and as a stress-release.  

Here, you'll find fellow members who possess an incredible wealth of knowledge of aviation in general (many are retired pilots both civilian and military), an enormous amount of documentation to help you on your build, great collections of photos of the full sized aircraft that will also show great detail some of the small accessories such as turnbuckles, hinges, fuselage panels, warbird machine gun hatches, wheel wells and their plumbing, and of course the interiors, be it cockpit or the whole cabin, detailed drawings, plans, and references to other links, as well as vendors themselves adding support and so much more. 

Got questions?  Just ask.  Someone is bound to answer and from there, your whole world opens up.

Skye

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: January/17/2019 at 8:55pm  Quote

To receive the above mentions benefits, you'll need to becom a site supporter. I realize there are several other modeling sites that offer many benefits for free. It's really your choice, but I've visited many of them & they're all very good. Each has something unique to offer. It's K's m own opinion but you'd be remiss not to join as a visiting guess, you'll be limited to just 5 posts & that's it.

Basic Member
Basic Member
paul
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: January/24/2019 at 2:20pm  Quote

Hi From Somerset in the uk 
ive been building and flying for years 
but am at the end stage of my largest 12 foot plane a ziroli dc3 so am looking forward to getting some really good tips from you guys
cheers

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: January/24/2019 at 8:00pm  Quote

Welcome aboard Paul - thanks for becoming a site supporter.\

Be sure to read the FAQs for tips about posting pictures, etc., and definitely check out the tutorial section!

Let me know if I can help

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: January/24/2019 at 8:54pm  Quote

Solar,

Glad to hear of your incredibly large DC-3 build.  I don't know if you're already aware, but there's several build threads dealing with both the DC-3 and it's military variant the C-47.  The most active one so far has been the C-47.  If you're at the final stages, could you post some of your photos here?  We'd all love to see them.   The C-47 build thread has already covered the unique landing gear retraction system.  You might wish to check it out.  Just type in "C-47" into your search on this site and you should immediately be directed to that thread.  Really great guys and, although I'm not building a commercial airliner (I'm in the process of building a Mustang for my daughter)  I've become good friends with a couple of them just by watching their builds.  You will definitely get lots of hints, suggestions and building tips.  

Skye

Basic Member
Basic Member
paul
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: January/27/2019 at 5:49am  Quote

will do cheers Skye

]
] ]