] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: July/16/2018 at 11:35am  Quote

Hot weather? Not hardly. I've gone to WOD for 26 years (missed the one when there was a hurricane in the Area). This was one of the mildest weather years that I can remember. I was glad of that.
As always a well run event. Hats off to all who put on the event.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: July/16/2018 at 4:03pm  Quote

Quote: Tempest
Was there on Friday.  As always, a great event.  A formation flight of the three A-10's in attendance was definitely one of the highlights.  :-)

Let's get some pictures posted!  As soon as I figure out an easy way to convert the photos on my iPhone from .heic format to .jpg, I'll do the same.

Paul

Attach them to an email and send them to yourself. Medium usually gives files that don't have to be resized.

33% Tiger Moth Inherited Project
Albatros DII (On Hold)

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: July/16/2018 at 5:10pm  Quote

Quote: ScotWare
Quote: Tempest
Was there on Friday.  As always, a great event.  A formation flight of the three A-10's in attendance was definitely one of the highlights.  :-)

Let's get some pictures posted!  As soon as I figure out an easy way to convert the photos on my iPhone from .heic format to .jpg, I'll do the same.

Paul

Attach them to an email and send them to yourself. Medium usually gives files that don't have to be resized.

Thanks Scott!  Yes, that would work.  I'll do that as a last resort.

Resizing is not the issue.  The latest version of iOS now natively uses HEIF/HEVC as it's image format.  Windows 7 does not natively know how to handle it.  There are image conversion utilities; I just have not installed any yet.  My images are currently stored in Google photos, but unfortunately Google does not natively offer a conversion either.  (There are plugins, but I am always leery of such because you have to grant them access to your images.)

I believe there may be a way within the Google replication settings to have the phone convert the image to a .jpg before replicating the image.  I'll figure it out, just need some time in front of the PC and phone to do so.

Paul

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: July/16/2018 at 5:46pm  Quote

Hi Paul,

Found this...

How to export the HEIC, HEIF and HEVC file to your Mac or PC?

When you connect your iPhone 7 or later with the computer and opened the Image Capture or other third-app to transfer those media files. Every image you had captured on my iPhone was listed as a JPEG—despite the fact that they had been captured as HEIC or HEIF files.

If you want to force an iOS device to transfer the original file formats, regardless of compatibility, you can do that. Just change the Transfer to Mac or PC setting in the Photos area of the Settings app to Keep Originals. At that point, HEIC, HEIF and HEVC files will go to your destination regardless of the recipient’s capability to read them. HEIF images come across as .heif files that can’t be read on my Mac running Sierra; HEVC files come across as unplayable QuickTime movies.)

http://www.fireebok.com/resource/how-to-open-the-heif-and-he vc-file-on-the-mac-or-pc.html

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

]
] ]