]
Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 8:20am  Quote

Fifteen years... It's hard to believe that it has been fifteen years since I stood this site up on the internet. 

RCSB started as an idea in the year 2002 at the Rally of Eagles event while I was socializing with other modelers one evening. We all agreed it would be great to have our own community to share ideas and techniques, allow folks new in this aspect of the hobby get help when they needed to ask questions, communicate with designers, kit manufactures, other vendors, and most importantly to help inject a little life back into R/C Scale Modeling. Even with the other sites on the internet there was no true focus on scale building. So I decided to take on the challenge. 

That day in June 2003 when I brought RCSB online I could have never imagined it would grow into the largest online community for scale r/c aircraft in the world. From a modest start of about 70 members the first month to over 16,000 active users around the world in the last 15 years. 

Why has RCSB been so successful? One word... YOU! Your postings, telling friends, and standing behind us with our community supported site has made our community the envy on other r/c forums. So much so that I have been approached by other forum owners asking for ideas and had several offers to purchase RCSB (and they were all immediately told no). 

The moderators and myself continue to pledge to you that we will continue to make RCSB a pleasant comfortable environment that does not allow the usual trolling, bickering, and sop-boxing that other R/C communities do. Some may not care much for our rules but like any society, they are required to keep order and make this site enjoyable for EVERYONE. All I have ever ask is that everyone here treat others as they would want to be treated.

In closing, I look forward to another 15 years of building, flying and enjoying each other's company both here digitally and in person when possible. I hope through the coming years we all make many new friends here on the site and continue to improve and share our experiences with others. 

Last but certainly not least. We will be doing a weekly drawing each Monday this month where a random site supporter or lifetime site supporter will have a chance to win a great prize. Be sure and check in each Monday to see if you have won.

Thank you all for your support through the years.

Mike Chilson
RCSCALEBUILDER.COM

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 8:47am  Quote

Congratulations to you Mike and RCSB.  Can't tell you how much more enjoyable this site has made my pursuit of the hobby.  Now I don't sweat the details- just head to the site and look for help.  I have posted several build threads, which help me to organize my building as I go through a project.

I know I speak for many when I say thanks for maintaining this forum.  I hope to be building and flying for many years, so I can truly be a life-time supporter of RCSB.  Hope to see many of you at future flying events.- Matt

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of Bulgaria Bulgaria
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 9:17am  Quote

I for one congratulate Mike on this monumental achievement and wish RCSB many, many more years of success.

I will be renewing my subscription monthly with out fail and in the past have spent my last $20 to keep my subscription current.

RCSB saw me through a sticky divorce a few years ago and kept me sane, on an even keel and with the interaction of the members, gave me some thing to hang on to into the future.

So. Thanks to Mike and all of YOU .

LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!!! 
(OK. So that was a little over the top!) .

If in doubt. Don't!
Flying: HIGH!
Building: Getting my Mo Jo back slowly to finish a few projects.

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 11:09am  Quote

Congrats Mike!  That is quite an accomplishment.  As one of the early subscribers, I can wholeheartedly say RCSB has been, and continues to be, my favorite R/C destination on the Web.

Thanks for all your efforts in keeping this site up and running.

Paul

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 11:10am  Quote

Wow, that's awesome.  Congrats for sure. 

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 3:12pm  Quote

Congrats on the anniversary.  Some of the success has to come from the excellent design and layout of this website.  It is one of the best, perhaps THE easiest to navigate, browse topics and post articles on -that I've used.  I refer others to this site as an example of good design.  You'd may be surprised in this day and age how many forums are a mess to use and navigate. It also helps to have a worldwide presence, with experienced contributors.  I really enjoy this site - it is my "go to place" for RC scale flight.

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 3:31pm  Quote

Not only congratulations, but a huge "THANK YOU" to Mike for doing this.  I know I've benefited tremendously - from the specific aircraft knowledge to the construction and finishing tips.  I've (virtually) met some of the finest scale builders in the world, and it turns out they're regular guys, happy to share their experience and insight.  What a treasure we get to enjoy!

Well done Mike!

Ziroli Stuka
     Ziroli Zero
     Top Flite Stinson
     SkyShark IL-2

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: June/01/2018 at 5:45pm  Quote

Thank you Mike.....15 years young and no end in sight!

Your brainchild RCSB has linked the scale modelling world together as one and provided friendships, instruction and encouraged to so many. You sir have contributed enormously to our hobby/passion and should be congratulated.

Keep it going!!

Phil

Flying
FM-1 Wildcat
Stuka R2
1/3 Scale Cub + 1:3.5 DG1000
Pitts Challenger

]
] ]