]
Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: January/01/2018 at 8:32am  Quote

Happy New Year to you all! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and you were able to sneak in some shop time. As we start off the new year a few changes to RCSB you should be aware of...

Embedding External Images 
As you may or may not know, back in April I announced we would be removing the ability to "embed" external images into posts this month due to it breaking our SSL secure site and whole threads being left unusable because former members removed the images from their hosting source (you can read more about this here). The first week of this month, I will be rolling out these changes as time allows. I will also be posting an in-depth tutorial post at the top of every forum listing where the Site Rules and Posting Tips are located. I should have all of this deployed and up by the 6th. I hope this will encourage you to continue to post if you are one of those whose images are inserted from an external source. I have tried to make this transition as simple as possible, but it will take a bit of effort from those not used to uploading images on RCSB like everyone else does.

New Chat Room Coming!
Also this month we will be rolling out an updated Live Chat Room for members. This one is much more stable and offers many more features the current chat room does not have. I am currently testing and debugging some minor issues with it but it is looking like we are still on schedule to deploy. Look for a post about it as soon as it is deployed.

The RCSB Show
This month the RCSB Show returns! Look for the show announcement in the RCSB Show Forum.

R/C Tools Videos
Last but not least, if you have not seen it, I have created a forum for my R/C Tools Videos. When talking to new guys (and a few old-timers) in this hobby I notice they tend to not know about all the great tools and products out there available to us that help us build our models. These short videos are all about showing common and not so common tools we need in our shops. Also, there will be occasional reviews and testing of the product that you might find interesting. There is no schedule as to when these videos get released, I just do them as I think about a tool or product you all might be interested in. If you have any suggestions about a tool you would like its use described please let me know. I hope you find them useful. You can find them in the R/C Tools Videos Forum.

I hope each of you has a great 2018 and continue to post and make RCSB the ONLY TRUE R/C SCALE site on the web. Oh, by the way... 2018 marks RCSB's 15th birthday! This July look for some cool offers and freebies for RCSB Site Supporters as we celebrate the 15th year of our great community!

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
I Spell Bob Backwards
IP Logged
Posted: January/01/2018 at 12:41pm  Quote

Will the whistler finally work ??

Waco Brotherhood #263
Flying:
   33% Waco, 33% Pitts, 45% Pitts, 20% T-28 Trojan
Building:
     25% Dauntless SBD-4, DS Eastern L-749 Silver Fleet Connie, 18 Unbuilt Kits in the wings

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Avatar User Offline Richard Crapp
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Richard Crapp
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: January/01/2018 at 5:39pm  Quote

When you are updating the Posting tips could you explain better how to post links.

I see I have been on RCSB 14 years and I still can't do it

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: January/01/2018 at 7:46pm  Quote

Richard, from the FAQs:
8. How do I add a link (URL) to my post so others can simply click on it?
To create a clickable link simply paste the URL (or whatever text you want to be linked) into the post. Now select (highlight) the text in the post with your mouse. Click the "Add Hyperlink" button  on the editor toolbar and when the popup window loads asking for a URL paste in the URL, click the Ok button and you have a click-able link. Note: Different browsers treat this differently so be sure to read the dialogue boxes!

Let me know if I can help

]
] ]