Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Site News>March Site News (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: March/01/2015 at 8:39am  

Greetings All! If you live in the Northern hemisphere like me I hope you are getting the "Itch" as flying season fast approaches as our fellow builders south of the equator are started to head into their "building season". A couple of quick items...

1. TOLEDO SHOW DINNER -The Toledo Weak Signals Show (http://www.toledoshow.com/)will be sneaking up on us before you know it so it's time to start planning our Annual RCSB Dinner at Toledo. Every year we get a great turn out and this year should be no different. 
As with previous years we will hopefully have a lot of great prizes to hand out. Last year EVERYONE (all 47) walked away with something, and as always everyone and their Spouses/Significant Other/Girlfriend/Friends/Flying Buddies (no Llamas please) are welcome. If you plan on attending please visit the thread by clicking on the link below and let us know how many will be in your party.

Hope to see you there!

2. NEED SOME FEEDBACK FROM THE 3D PRINTER OWNERS - I've had a suggestion by several member to create a 3D Printing repository for 3D models donated by members for members only. I would like to hear from those of you who are actually doing 3D printing and if you are willing to contribute to the repository. I as of yet don't have any commitments by anyone to to donate any of their models so I want to see how many folks are willing to do this before spending the time developing it. I think it's a great idea if we can get some models donated.

3. NEW FORUM - I have setup and 3D Printing forum under the General section of the forum listing. We will be moving the 3D Printing related thread to that forum as this is a growing subject here on RCSB.

4. FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTION
(FAQ) -  It's a fast way to solve a small problem or answer a question without having to wait for me to email you back. In February 97.4% of the support emails I received the answer was in the FAQ so be sure and check it first for a quick solution.
Simply click on the FAQ menu item on the site menu. It has a huge number of common user questions and answers.

Thanks to all you folks who support RCSB with your subscriptions, lifetime memberships, and vendor advertising. Without you, we wouldn't have this great community!

Until Next time,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: March/05/2015 at 3:47pm  

Renewal notices have been sent out for March and April. If your Site Supporter subscription is up for renewal this month or next month you should have a Private Message with a reminder. Thank you all ofr your support of RCSB!

Cheers,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: March/10/2015 at 7:41am  

gee I don't know what response you have had from a 3D printing repository but I am happy to provide the ones I have made up.  I was going to suggest it to others so that we could build up the stock of things to print without having to reinvent all the time

I have a couple of exhaust stubs of different types, wheels, and tyre moulds, pedals and gun barrels, a joystick and some german panel clasps.

what format do you think?  I use .STL files and that seems to be consistent with the other websites that have 3d thingies.

any other thoughts any one else ?

is this the right place to reply/post this?

cheers

Craig

Full scale operating R2D2.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: March/10/2015 at 8:05am  

Craig thanks for the input that is exactly what we are looking for. I think we are going to go with the .STL that seems to be the standard most sites with repositories use. Would like to hear from some more folks too on this.

Update Your Browser!

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: March/10/2015 at 8:31am  

I think this is a fantastic idea, sort of a library of drawings. Just playing devils advocate, how many will want to release their work for free?

Cheers
Danny

Lichfield
Staffordshire - England

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: March/10/2015 at 8:41am  

That is what I want to find out.. 

Mike

Update Your Browser!

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: March/11/2015 at 2:15am  

I am fine with putting things up for Nix I do it for the fun and the challenge.  I am learning to use rhino 3d for all my modelling.

on the other sites they post jpgs of the items so people can see what it looks like and then the STLs as either zipped downloads or if they are small enough just the stls themselves.

anyway count me in.

craig

Full scale operating R2D2.

]
] ]