Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Vendor Announcements>Rivets and panels and cockpits oh my! Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: September/16/2015 at 8:45am  Quote

Sparky,

Thanks for your reply. Those (Sierra mains, retractable tail wheel and tires) were the first thing I bought after getting the laser cut kit, plans, cowl and canopy. Off to a slow start last year but did complete horizontal and verticle stabs, think they turned out well. At this point collecting more parts for build. Soon as flying seasons over my everyday flying planes go to storage to open up space on the building tables. Mark T  

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: January/31/2016 at 8:12am  Quote

I am relatively new here and just found this thread. Wow! I mean, just beautiful work, and stunningly realistic appearing details. Chad, I hope your personal situation sorts out well, and soon.

I would love to have a 'kit,' of sorts, for my 1:8 scale Phoenix Mk. 2 Spitfire, of external details: gun blisters, gun barrels, radiators, panel lines and rivets, etc. I know you are swamped, just suggesting this. There are a lot of folks with this plane and I think a detail kit would be a hit.

I'm also very much interested in WWI aircraft, and it seems you are more focused on WWII. I think laser-cut cockpit detail kits for 1:4 and 1:3 would be popular, as well as dummy engines.

Regards,

jv

Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: January/31/2016 at 8:13am  Quote

Chad, by the way, your drawings are beautiful. May I ask what CAD software you are using? I'm a Geomagic Design (formerly Alibre CAD) user.

Thanks,

jv

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: January/31/2016 at 2:14pm  Quote

Quote: jviss
I am relatively new here and just found this thread. Wow! I mean, just beautiful work, and stunningly realistic appearing details. Chad, I hope your personal situation sorts out well, and soon. 

I would love to have a 'kit,' of sorts, for my 1:8 scale Phoenix Mk. 2 Spitfire, of external details: gun blisters, gun barrels, radiators, panel lines and rivets, etc. I know you are swamped, just suggesting this. There are a lot of folks with this plane and I think a detail kit would be a hit. 

I'm also very much interested in WWI aircraft, and it seems you are more focused on WWII. I think laser-cut cockpit detail kits for 1:4 and 1:3 would be popular, as well as dummy engines. 

Regards, 

jv 

Welcome to RCSB jviss and thank you for the very kind words.  I am hopeful that 2016 will see some positive changes in my situation and I hope to be able to return in full force by year's end.  Of course I am still producing rivets in the meantime and would be happy to provide them for your Spitfire.  As for the other external details there may be solutions available, happy to discuss it.  Regarding the WW1 items I would not be averse to offering them if the market is there to support it.  However, my interest in that era is limited and, thus, so is my knowledge and library of research material.  I would actually love to do some dummy engines as well as machine guns, although I think it is possible that the latter is already being pretty well covered by other vendors.

Quote: jviss
Chad, by the way, your drawings are beautiful. May I ask what CAD software you are using? I'm a Geomagic Design (formerly Alibre CAD) user.

I am strictly an AutoCAD user and a self taught one at that.  Thus I am sure there are easier and better ways of doing things but I usually can manage to get where I want to go.  I would like to get much more proficient using the 3d component of the software.  Matter of fact, I would like to eventually get a more powerful 3d software altogether but, for now, AutoCAD is more than I can handle!

If it ain't broke, go fly it!

Avatar User Offline chrisspitmk9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: May/04/2016 at 8:58am  Quote

Hey Sir,
    I am a ME CAD Designer and also a great fan of Autodesk i.e. AutoCAD fan-  If you're at all interested in more of a 3D application give "Fusion 360" a look it utilizes an AutoCAD based format but is a very easy and pretty intuitive program.  Also, in addition me being of Polish descent I appreciate the FREEBIE aspect for "Hobby or student applications".

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: May/04/2016 at 12:45pm  Quote

Quote: chrisspitmk9
Hey Sir,
    I am a ME CAD Designer and also a great fan of Autodesk i.e. AutoCAD fan-  If you're at all interested in more of a 3D application give "Fusion 360" a look it utilizes an AutoCAD based format but is a very easy and pretty intuitive program.  Also, in addition me being of Polish descent I appreciate the FREEBIE aspect for "Hobby or student applications".

Thank you for the heads up, I will give the Fusion 360 a close look.

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: May/15/2016 at 10:05pm  Quote

Quick sneak peak at a new 3d printed Spitfire mirror that I will have available soon.  Prototype shown is 1/4 scale but other scales will be available as well.

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: July/08/2016 at 3:24pm  Quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be shutting down completely for a month or two starting pretty much now.  I am working to finish up all orders before the end of July that are on the books and have been paid for as I am scheduled for hip replacement surgery on August 1st.  If all goes well recovery will only be a month or so and I will be back to work by the end of August.  I've got LOTS of new product to share with you guys when I get back so stay tuned!  

]
] ]