Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Site News>Where we are... 2009 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump 4 Pages 1 2 3 4
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: May/19/2008 at 8:12pm  

From time to time I like to post some statistics about the site to show you guys where we are at growth-wise. I am constantly amazed year to year how RCSCALEBUILDER.COM continues to grow. Our growth shows we ARE making a difference in R/C scale and we are starting to earn the reputation as being THE R/C Scale site on the internet.

We struggle yearly to cover our cost and try and provide you with a great community that has LOTS of data and in return some of you help us keep this behemoth moving forward with your donations and content. For that I want to personally thank each of you that do this! Here is some number that might interest YOU folks:

Member snapshot

Total active members as of 5/16/2008: 6652*

Number of site supporters: 1091

Number of Administrators / Moderators: 11

Number of Vendors: 30

Number of member that are NOT site supporters: 5520

Number of members with 0 posts: 4362

*Inactive accounts are removed after 3 months of inactivity

-----------------------------------------------------------

Site Supporter information (12 month period)

Average Site supporter Donation: 13.50

Average number of walk around downloads: 5.

Average number of posts by site supporter: 21.8

Average number of visits per day: 4.2

Non-Site Supporter information (12 month period)

Average number of posts: 3.1

Average number of visits per day: 5.7

As you can see these stats show some interesting facts There are a LOT of folks using the site on a daily basis but who are not site supporters. I would ask if you frequent the site and are not already one to become a site supporter and get all the benefits that come with it. When you become a Site Supporter everyone wins! You can read more about the benefits of becoming a site supporter here:

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/page_display.asp?pid=5

-----------------------------------------------------------

Some more interesting stats (12 month period):

Average page views per month: 987,271

Average time of each visit. 4:03 minutes

Average number of unique member visits per day: 1893

Percent visits by top five countries

1. USA 78%
  2. Canada 11%
  3. Australia: 4%
  4. United Kingdom: 3%
  5. Sweden: 1%

Not bad for a little ole site that was just a gleam in my mind a few years ago. YOU guys have built this site into what it. These stats are furnished for informational purposes only for those that are curious. I think by sharing this information it gives everyone a better picture of where were are and the areas the staff will be working on to improve your experience.

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Master Kit Box Opener
IP Logged
Posted: May/19/2008 at 9:03pm  

Not bad at all. 

Dale

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: May/19/2008 at 9:15pm  

Mike,

There are no adequate words in the language to express how much I (and I'm sure the vast majority of site supports) enjoy the site, and all your hard work. It would be wonderful if during 08 we (the RCSB community) could assist with the doubling of the percentage of site supporters AND raise the average donation per supporter to an even $25 (again, almost a doubling).

Keep on keeping on!!!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: May/19/2008 at 10:15pm  

Since I became aware of this site I have found it interesting and informative. The kind of site serious scale builders need. ThankYou for your work.Just my two cents worth!

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: May/20/2008 at 4:29am  

Mike , for the 3%on this side of the water iwould like to say that you and the rest of the gang have done a great job, hope it lasts forever     Jeff

Avatar User Offline Richard Crapp
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Richard Crapp
National Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom
IP Logged
Posted: May/20/2008 at 5:03am  

Thanks Mike, for your work and the Interesting stats.
I would have thought the total number of active members would be higher than 6652.
It is  interesting that Australia is ahead of UK despite a smaller population.

I have feeling this sight and Top Gun are responsible for a revival in USA scale modeling.
    Nothing to prove that  except for the growth in  what we call cottage industry  small kit makers, also helped by the growing? laser cutting companies.
The same computer revolution that had enabled hundreds of small magazine publishers.
    The importers of Chinese scale kits would know but they would never tell us the figures.
Continued growth will heps us all so thanks again.

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: May/20/2008 at 8:57am  

Thanks guys,

As I said it's YOU folks that make this site what it is. Now that this information has been digested a bit I have some suggestions for this year.

1. LETS BUILD UP THE MEMBERSHIP (but carefully)!
Talk to your buddies and flying mates and if they are interested in scale building encourage them to join us here. Be sure and let them know the "noise" level is kept low compared to other sites. I think that most folks impressions of R/C communities are bad because for all the "noise" they generate on that "other" site. We want folks who WANT to learn or WANT to share their knowledge!

I have avoided advertising in magazines simply because when ever ANYTHING gets mentioned about the site in one we end up new folks and  5% are serious about scale building and the other 95% want something for nothing and to cause trouble. So I would much rather rely on word-of-mouth advertising from you guys to help us build our ranks. Grab that new member in your club that is starving for someone to mentor him and invite him to join is! Next time you are at a contest or fly-in talk us up to the other scale pilots there. YOU guys who do these beautiful builds and provide great information here are the sites BEST advertising!

2. Site Supporters
Let's be sure and invite new members to become site supporters when they post. just point the "site supporter program" link on the menu. It's that easy. We are looking at several new "benefits" for you site supporters trying constantly to make the site a better value for you. The new site will make the entire joining and upgrading to site supporter process totally seamless. so that is MY focus this year is to make RCSB Site Supporters feel they are getting MORE than their monies worth.

3. Going International
While we certainly have a good sized contingent of folks from all over the world I would REALLY like to see that increased quite a bit. We ALL benefit from each others experiences and perspectives regardless of experience level. So I am challenging you guys outside the US and Canada to get more of your flying mates and vendors involved here. If you have any suggestions or if I can do anything to help attract more folks PLEASE let me know but it really comes down to you guys dragging your mates here!

Please feel free to comment with any suggestions along these lines. your feed back IS appreciated and needed!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Mike Chilson
RCSCALEBUILDER.COM Founder

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: May/20/2008 at 9:07am  

Well said...spot on!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

]
] ]