Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>New Member from Southern WI Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: December/01/2017 at 1:05pm  Quote

After lurking for a number of years and getting a few builds under my belt I decided I should contribute and officially join. I am from southern WI and generally make most of the Warbird and Classic events and a few single day events around the Midwest. We occasionally make a trip out of the Midwest, we have done eweek at Triple Tree a number of years. My wife travels with me and we have met a lot of great people in our travels. I grew up flying .049 and big gliders with my dad then I got into RC cars. I got back into RC with a RTF Fokker bipe from Tower bought as something I guess to relive my youth and it went crazy from there. I also build plastic models so finishing and weathering is my specialty that I carry into RC planes.  

I also differ with my builds as I am a 100 percent electric guy. When I got back into the hobby I had to choose gas or electric and didn’t want to do both so I went electric. Some embrace it, some hate it, some are in the middle but it works for me. It amazes me how many questions people ask me after flying (from other pilots and spectators) about giant scale electric and on the flip side how many people (mostly other pilots) will say things like "it's a shame it's electric". 

Being that I like the finishing part I really like remaking ARF’s (stripping covering, glassing, priming, painting, weathering) but I do enjoy to build from plans as well.   

I try to have enough planes to fly over the summer and build mostly over the winter. Lately I have been flying a Stuka, B-25, and P-47 as my primary travel planes. 

Not sure why it took me so long to sign up as there is a lot of great builders and knowledge on this site.   

Flying: Top Flite P-47, ESM B-25, Ziroli Stuka
Building: Bates Bearcat, Robart P47 ARF, Top Flite Stinson, Top Flite Zero
Waiting: Ziroli Skyraider, BUSA D8, Meister FW-190

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: December/01/2017 at 6:12pm  Quote

Well - you have been a member for 4 years, some people linger longer than that - but glad that you stepped up and joined the community full time!

A lot of people are all-electric, more than you think probably.  For my serious scale I am gas and glow, but have fun electrics too. 

Let me know if I can help

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

]
] ]