Author / Post
Avatar User Offline bill woodward
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: August/24/2015 at 9:55am  Quote

Good Morning All,

i'm new to the site and forum, but not new to the hobby/sport.

i started control line on the 50's and went to R/C in 1979. in 1985-6, my youngest son and i went 1/10 scale r/c car racing at Lake Whipporwill south of Orlando Florida. he won a couple of championships and i went back to flying.

tried Quickie 500 racing and some aerobatics. did better at the aerobatics and my son did better at the racing.

March 2003 i flew a NASA, Iridium satellite grid transciver and GPS tracking computer on a special purpose aircraft i constructed for such strange things. at the time, NASA was tasked by the DOD of designing antennas for pilotless fighter aircraft. the test was successful and it saved them hundreds of thousands of dollars over a real fighter jet.

my parents and theri health and passing issues took the time from 2003 through the present. plus, i continued to work for a while and am now retired.

i will go back flying!!!!!!!!  two things on my bucket list are a scale project and lots of fun flying!! the scale project will be an "SNJ" like my dad instructed on during WW II. he was based out of corpis christi, TX and i have one photo of his plane. i have a kit from the mid to early 90's from a now defunct company and no plans. when i acquired the T-6, i also acquired a BT-19 Vultee and it has the plans. these are builders kits which i dearly love to do.

hope to be here for a long time!!!

thanks, bill

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Avatar User Offline Tango Juliet
Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: August/24/2015 at 12:31pm  Quote

Welcome Bill!  Someone here might be able to help find plans for that T-6 you've got, if you're lucky.

On The Board - Chris Williams 1/3.5 Slingsby Sedbergh T21b

Member In Good Standing - Builders Slower Than A Dead Turtle Nailed To A Fencepost Association

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: August/24/2015 at 2:00pm  Quote

Welcome Bill - I'm relatively new to this forum also but a long time modeler. In case you need a little inspiration, here's a pic of my recently completed 'SNJ'. It was built from a Yellow Aircraft kit. Has a 101" wingspan. Haven't flown it yet but is ready to go. If you need any documentation or help with your project, just start a build thread under forums. You'll get lots of great help, even if you don't ask usually. There's a 'Other Manufacturers' section where you probably would post

Queue: Z-DC3
Chandler, AZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: August/24/2015 at 2:27pm  Quote

Hi Bill, welcome to RCSB!  Interesting story, but sorry to hear about your folks ill health.

Are the SNJ and BT-13 kits fiberglass fuselages and foam wings?  Do you remember the name of the company?

Be sure to check out the site supporter program LINK - well worth the investment!

Let me know if I can help

Avatar User Offline bill woodward
Basic Member
Basic Member
IP Logged
Posted: August/26/2015 at 2:23pm  Quote

thanks to all replying!!

they both passed and i'm going to start through the neat stuff they left behind, shortly.

the kits are by, "Race Craft - cars, boats and aircraft", 5232 "F" Shasta Dam Blvd, Project City, Calif 96079. they are 72 in wing span with cockpit and cowl in plastic only. they both are all sticks and sheets.......i tried to locate the company online and it doesn't come up??

as soon as i start the build i'll start posting pics.......

thanks for the help!!!

]
] ]