]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: 17/December/2014 at 2:51pm  Quote

Heja everyone,

As many others, I've been lurking about and devouring all the fantastic build threads. I'm always amazed by the attention to detail that you all lavish on your creations. My hats off to all of you who take the time to post your builds - Thank you! 
That being said, today as I was reading about a beautiful SE5 build from davidq, I knew I had to anti up my $20.00 and subscribe!

I'm a retired Navy vet who worked on electronic systems and flew in the S3A Viking, an anti-submarine aircraft in the 80's and 90''s. 
I've been modeling rc planes for a while now.  Some of my favorite aircraft to model are WW1 Fokker's, Albatross's, and SE5's.  
I also have a warm spot in my heart for all the De Havilland Moth series of aircraft.  Tbo - anything with 2 wings get's my attention.  :)

My builds are sport scale quality that have been bashed a bit to reflect my growing interest in scale details. I fly often and enjoy scale aerobatics and staying in the pattern and doing endless take off's and landings. 
My goto plane atm is a bashed 72" ws, Orline Fokker D7 with a DLE 20RA for power.

I have learned some great new technique's from all of you here. I am incorporating some details that I have never attempted before into my present build - BUSA 1/3 scale fly baby bibe.

Cheers to all,  Brett

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
IP Logged
Posted: 17/December/2014 at 9:36pm  Quote

Hey Brett - glad you made the jump, I don't think you will regret it.  Have you started a thread on your fly baby?  As you know that is a great way to get help and advice.  Trying things out is great too.  I failed at my first attempts at mold making, but having watched Thomas (invertmast) Gaines Smith and Denny - I am not afraid to have another go at it!

Let me know if I can help

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: 17/December/2014 at 10:54pm  Quote

hey ya Brett welcome to the sight and how are ya! I work with a guy that did Vikings on carriers in the early 2000's and I worked on P2V's long after they left the service! looking forward to seeing some of your builds!

Building:
Chipmunk
Thunder Tiger P68 Partanavia

Denver, Colorado

Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
Passed Away
National Flag of Canada Canada
IP Logged
Posted: 18/December/2014 at 6:09am  Quote

Hi Brett, welcome to the site, I have learned so much from so many since I joined, and the best part is you keep on learning as well as enjoying the builds of others and watching their Aircraft come to life. I know that when you start a building thread many will watch and offer a guiding hand when/if needed as they have done for me.

- Complete P-47 Razor back
- Working on H9 Corsair 60 cc ARF with all the goods
- SBach 33%
- Scale Chipmunk

]
] ]