Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Introduce Yourself>Another Ozzy, from the sunny Gold Coast Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Basic Member
Basic Member
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: September/18/2014 at 8:05am  Quote

Gday all. I found a reference to this site and had a look, awesome. I dont know how I had missed it until now. I membered up straight away.

I am returning to flying having not flown since I was a teenager.....mid 40s now.  I have been buzzing the sky's with a foam RTF cub and a scratch built depron 'blue baby' for the past year to refresh the skills along with plenty of sim time.

But my passion is with building. On th bench I have a half complete  27" spitfire MkIX, plans by Adrian Britton from the RC Scale International magazine Sept/Oct 2003 (I knew one day I would need it). Modified for brushless and strengthened to be a screamer.

I am also recreating the component cut plans for the Pilot (OK Models from the 80's) Super Decathlon 86". Once complete it will be published so people can kit cut it. As many people will know the Japanese Pilot kits were of very high quality and pretty true to scale. The factory burnt to the ground mid 80's and lost everything. From the kits that were out there on shelves people have archived the build plans for most of them, but the build plans don't show all components as cut, just how they go together. So from extrapolation and pictures I am creating the parts that are not visible. It will be the next build to get my giant scale/gasser skills up.

Then the long term plan is a Dick Barron 125" Stinson Reliant. I absolutely love this plane, and this era of aircraft. I have the plans and am digesting the build, but that's a while off now. current plan is to put a nice 7cyl radial in it. Dick did a fantastic job with the scale detail in the plans so the least I could do is put a scale motor in it....eventually.

One day I would like a nice big Mosquito, a biplane too but unsure if it will be a Pitts or Tiggy, talk about two ends of the scale !

Anyway, welcome everyone.

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: September/18/2014 at 12:20pm  Quote

Hi Greig - welcome to RC Scale Builder.  We think it is the best scale resource on the web.

Be sure and check out the site supporter program LINK - this will give you access to the plans repository and the walk-arounds, as well as allowing you unlimited posts and picture uploading.  Well worth the US $20, less cost than a print magazine and totally focused on scale!

Let me know if I can help

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
National Flag of Australia Australia
IP Logged
Posted: September/18/2014 at 3:32pm  Quote

Welcome. Stinson Reliant's are also one of my favourite planes. Cheers. Sean

]
] ]