Click logo to return to home page. ]

Home>Forums>Site News>August Site News (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply   New Topic   
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author / Post
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
National Flag of United States United States
IP Logged
Posted: August/01/2014 at 7:53am  

Howdy Fellow Balsa Bashers,

Hope everyone is having a good flying season here in the Northern Hemisphere. I, also hope you guys south of the Equator are having a great building season. Summer is a great time for the staff here at RCSB to get lots of things done (when we are not out flying) here on the site.

First, like every summer, all our Admins and Moderators are in the process of cleaning up old threads basically removing the old "atta-boys" and old off topic discussions so when someone comes in to read the thread looking for information it s a focused chronology of a build or a discussion about a scale building/flying related subject. Don't get me wrong, we encourage participation and want lots of discussion in threads, This is just what we do "after the fact" always leaving the last month or so of encouragement and discussion intact in a thread. This makes the threads so much easier to read later and really concentrates the information for readers.

Secondly as announced Google Chrome users now have the Rich Text Editor like IE and Firefox Users. I hope to have support for the Safari Browser users very soon. I also uploaded some small changes to make things a bit more streamlined that the origonal author of the portal software thought was important but really wasn't to us. Mostly removal of extra buttons not being used and several redundant conformation popup messages that are not needed. One final change I increased the font size making them one size larger throughout the site to help accommodate mobile users.

Finally for our Lifetime Site Supporters we will be moving and posting the CD repository here on the site in the Lifetime Site Supporter Forum this month. No more having to FTP to get those CD images!

That's about all I have this month. I hope you all have a great August and hope you are starting to think about that new model you are going to start this year if you are not working on one currently.

Cheers,
Mike

Update Your Browser!

Back to Top  Printer Friendly Version  Profile  Search  Web 

Avatar User Offline HellcatFlyer
Lifetime Site Supporter
Lifetime Site Supporter
IP Logged
Posted: August/14/2014 at 9:28am  

It doesn't appear that the walk around CD images are available to download in the lifetime supporter forum, is that correct, or am I just unable to see them for some reason? I'm still happy to use FTP regardless, however. 

Admin Group
Admin Group
RCSB Owner/Founder
IP Logged
Posted: August/14/2014 at 3:37pm  

This is a work in progress.. Unfortunately other things have been popping up pulling me away from it. Hope to get back on it soon.

Update Your Browser!

]
] ]